NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 900 order - no confirmation

E_Gayle
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Hi, we placed our order to switch to TalkTalk toward the back end of April. I selected today for the installation date (13th May). Upon completion of the order I received an email confirming the direct debit had been set up, but no further emails resembling a welcome pack or confirmation of my install date.

Wednesday 11th comes around and I realise that we still haven't received any equipment and still no real confirmation. So I attempted to log on to my account - all I get is a screen saying 'Oops'. So I'm unable to track my order.

I went through the online chat with an agent and was assured that the date of the installation was set for the 13th May, excellent. I also raised the point of the missing routers, again I was informed that the equipment should be delivered prior to the installation date. So here we are, Friday 13th May, and nothing.

I have rang a total of 4 different helplines and I'm repeatedly past from pillar to post. Every call handler has told me they are going to pass me to the relevant department only to end up back where I started.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

E_Gayle
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 8

Back once again, I've just received a text message saying that my order has been cancelled...

I've been on the phone to every future fibre department going and they have confirmed that this is my second order that has now been cancelled. No reason has been given.

Honestly, I've no words to express how disastrous this whole experience has been. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @E_Gayle

The order that is in the account number appears to be goin live on 30/05/2022 

My Account should update once its live.  The tracking of the order has been raised as bug to the My Account team. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

E_Gayle
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk hopefully that's because you have the wrong account number, I have just updated my profile info with the account number linked to my most recent order. Thanks for your reply

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi @E_Gayle

Sorry that you are having problems.  

I cant see any orders, so I have asked our future fibre team team to investigate. 

When they reply I will post back. 

0 Likes

E_Gayle
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 8

Back again,

I've still received no email in regards to the setup date. I understand that it has only been 24 hours, and under normal circumstances I would be far more patient. So have rang TalkTalk again to check the status of my order. They say there is no sign of it on the system because it was only placed yesterday, ring back in about a week or two... This is getting silly now. I don't want to wait 2 more weeks to find that this order has also been cancelled. Also when trying to access the My Account page I am still getting the 'Oops, let's get you back on track' message. Which is somewhat concerning considering this is what happened last time. 

Could someone please reply to me about this? It's getting a tad frustrating being ignored if I'm honest. 

E_Gayle
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 8

Just an update on this, if anyone is interested..

So I've spent another hour or so on the phone with talktalk. Turns out the order was cancelled... Would have been nice if they could have told me that 2 weeks ago. I'm now going to have a few weeks with no Internet to the property.

So I've had to place another order via phone. I've then been in contact with customer services to make sure that the previous order has actually been cancelled.. Because now I've set up 2 direct debits.

So yes, it has been cancelled, and no money should be taken for the original order. Apparently it's quite common, or it has been recently, for orders to just not be processed properly and get cancelled.

I have actually received a confirmation email from the new order. As of yet, no installation date.