NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Fibre Upgrade Problems

ollyiskool
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Good Morning,

I am currently on Fibre 65 and have recently been offered the free upgrade to full fibre.  We were sent a new router which is actually the same one as we already have (the black one with the orange dots).  We initially had a couple of guys round 3-4 weeks ago who installed the little black box into our house but encountered a problem with a blockage in our street.  Two guys came round yesterday as the blockage had been fixed and managed to get all 4 green lights on in the new box.  They advised that the light on the router would go white but it would take up to two hours.  So far the light had stayed orange.  I've tried restarting it but it flashes white / orange then settles on orange after a bit.  I can detect the network but obviously states there's no internet.

I'm a bit confused as to what package we are being upgraded to.  I've spoken to multiple people on the talk talk chat who all give a different answer.   We still have the old router on for the time being as we need internet for working from home.  We also want to hang onto the phoneline as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi ollyiskool

Yes Fibre 65 includes the speed boost so renewing will not effect the speeds. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle,

I've switched the router to the one we had before and that's done the trick, thanks!  Hoped it would be something very simple!

Next question.  As I am currently on Fibre 65 now with this free upgrade I'm assuming I can renew my Fibre 65 contract for another 2 years just now and it will keep the free speed boost?

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Ok thank you. Would it also be possible to confirm the make and model of the router that won't connect please? I think it may be a slightly different version but just want to confirm.

Thanks

0 Likes

ollyiskool
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle,

Yes we still have the original router as it's still plugged in to our master phone socket.  I will try it in the new socket when I get home.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Can I just confirm, do you still have the original router that you were using? Was this a Sagemcom wifi hub? If you still have this router then could you try connecting this directly to the ONT to see if this will connect please?

Thanks

0 Likes