NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Upgrade to Full Fibre email

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 52 of 52

I received an email offering a free upgrade to Full Fibre and duly received a new router through the post. (identical to the one I have for Fibre 65) 4 weeks later an engineer from City Fibre turns up and installs a fibre line and box in my house. After spending 2 hours on the chat line with 4 different agents I was told that the new line would be activated within 24 to 48 hours. Well guess what. 50 hours later and there is no connection. Can someone please advise on what to do next.

What package have you put me on?

Will I still have my landline?

What speed will I have?

I currently have Fibre 65 on a different router. What will happen to this connection?

I look forward to your advice

51 REPLIES 51

Message 1 of 52

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I have raised the complaint now and passed this directly to our CEO Team and requested that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 52

Good Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk just to let you know I have still not had any contact.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 52

Hi,

How are you getting on? Have you been contacted since my last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 52

Hi,

They have just acknowledged my escalation now. If you don't receive a call today then I will raise a complaint tomorrow and escalate this to our CEO Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 52

Thank you Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 52

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I've re-escalated this now and if you are still not contacted then I will raise this as a complaint and escalate to our CEO Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 52

Hi Michelle

Still no contact and still no connection. I know it was a bank holiday so I have left it a little longer but still no contact and it is now the end of Wednesday so I have been without a Fibre connection now for 20 Days

0 Likes

Message 8 of 52

Morning,

Apologies, I've contacted the team again now.

Thanks

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 52

Update

Hi Michelle its been over 24 hours since your message and I still havent heard anything

Still no FTTP connection

I have however received a returns bag to send 3 of my 4 routers back. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 10 of 52

Morning,

Ok thank you. If you don't hear anymore in the next 24 hours then please let us know and we will re-escalate this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 52

Hi Michelle

No indication of what the problem is but yes I agree with you it is strange this has happened even though it was a speed issue. My contact at the fibre team is now on holiday so has passed the case onto his colleague.

No contact yet.

Still no FTTP connection

I will keep you posted

0 Likes

Message 12 of 52

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Did they say when they would contact you again this week? Did they say why this has stopped working when this was a speed issue?

Thanks

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 52

Update

I got a call on Friday but they were still trying to get a response from City Fibre. I was told I would get a call later this week with an update.

Still no FTTP connection

0 Likes

Message 14 of 52

OK thanks. We've passed this back to our Future Fibre team, we'll let you know when we have an update

Chris

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 52

Hi Chris

Yes just the ethernet light and power light on the ONT. The router is the same as the others that have been sent (TalkTalk Hub)

0 Likes

Message 16 of 52

Hi J Brook,

Is there still only the Ethernet light and Power light on the ONT? Could you just confirm which router you've been sent?

Chris

0 Likes

J Brook
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 52

Hi Michelle

Yes the copper connection is now working so I am able to continue working and not use my neighbours wifi.

Guess what arrived this morning.......another router!!! That makes 3 new routers and my original one!

The FTTP however is not working.

What do I need to do now?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 52

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Did the team advise that they would contact you back again? If not then I will re-escalate this.  Does the copper connection now work?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 52

Hi Chris

The plot thickens. An Open Reach turned up on my doorstep this morning after detecting a fault on my line. It seems he has reconnected my copper connection but obviously he wasnt able to do anything about my FTTP.

To answer your question, still no FTTP connection

0 Likes

Message 20 of 52

Hi J Brook,

How are you getting on, is the internet still down?

Chris

0 Likes