NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre 150 data only

EdithNotAda
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

I have had a text message from TalkTalk today to inform me that my Future Fibre order has been cancelled. Yet City Fibre connected my ONT box on 6 April 2022 and I connected my existing Black Hub router to connect to the internet. My account shows I was put on Fibre 65 data only. This was an unsolicited order as I have been with TalkTalk for several years since they took over AOL. I accepted the order. (See my other posts in March and April about this).

On 19 April I placed an order to upgrade to Future Fibre 150 data only with a 'going live' date on 10 May. I received my Eero 6 on 7 May and connected it on 10 May. Unfortunately an Openreach engineer called needlessly as I was already connected. I did tell the agent when I ordered Future Fibre 150 that an engineer visit was unnecessary as I already had a working ONT box but she insisted I have an engineer present for the 'going live' date.

Can anyone shed any light on why I am getting text messages from TalkTalk please?

Also I wasn't given an order number for either order despite asking so I can't refer to the orders when speaking to an agent.

Finally my speeds don't appear to have changed since connecting the Eero 6 (75mbps download and 110mbps upload). I expected a faster download speed since I was on Future Fibre 150.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

OK thanks, I'll ask them if they can do this and I'll let you know when I have confirmation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Yes, I would be very grateful if you could do this. Thank you. I no longer use my landline and my phone is unplugged. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Would you like me to ask our Future Fibre team to place a new order for Fibre 150, data only? (you would lose you telephone service)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

I tried to place a new order last week but it wasn't accepted as there was an order pending. It took 3 hours of speaking to 3 different agents and my Billing shows  I'm still on Fibre 65 data only but being charged for a phone line.

I unplugged my home phone over a week ago as it was still active as I accepted the City Fibre connection of a data only plan back in February although I didn't actually get connected until April 6. 

I'm NOT going through the order process again and it's up to TalkTalk Future Fibre to accept the order for Future Fibre 150 which I made in good faith on 19 April. I got a Welcome email the same day and then an Eero 6 was delivered and I connected it. 

Did anyone investigate the Openreach engineer's report of 10 May? He should have reported back to TalkTalk that I have a connection between my City Fibre ONT modem and my Eero 6. Instead he fiddled about with Openreach equipment which doesn't work on my line.

Also I should have received a 'You are Live' email last week instead of  "Sorry we've had to cancel your order' text message from the Future Fibre team.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi EdithNotAda,

I've receive an update from our Future Fibre team. I'm afraid it's as I thought, the Fibre 150 order didn't go through. Our Future Fibre team have said that if you still want Fibre 150 then they will have to place and new order but it would be data only, so you would lose your telephone service. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

I don't suppose the Future Fibre team have got back to you yet so that I have an update of what's happening to my Upgrade?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

OK thanks, I'll let you know when I have an update 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Thank you so much and thanks for reading the very long explanation. The Openreach engineer visited around 10 am to 10.30 am and was here for about 40 minutes on 10 May btw.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi EdithNotAda,

I've passed this over to our Future Fibre team to take a look at, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

I had a think over the weekend and checked what happened from the Ordering of Future Fibre 150 data only which I did by phone on 19 April. I already had the Full Fibre line connected (eventually) by City Fibre on 6 April and an email on 12 April stating I'd 'gone live'.

I got a 'Welcome' email on the 19 May (date of order) with details of Future Fibre 150 data only package and a verbal message from the order agent that the Openreach engineer would visit on 10 May. I told agent I already had Future Fibre installed and just needed an Eero 6 but she insisted I had an engineer to check I had a good connection. 

I then had about 6 text messages from Openreach asking me to Confirm or Cancel visit. I Confirmed each one. 

Eero 6 arrived by Yodel on 7 May. I downloaded the Eero app to my phone. 9 May I disconnected my Black Hub from the ONT modem and connected Eero 6 and set up all my devices. It was all working nicely.

10 May Openreach engineer arrived. He was puzzled by City Fibre ONT modem. I said I've got a good connection. He unclipped my ONT box from the wall and tried to get a connection on his Openreach ONT box but Eero 6 didn't connect. He phoned his boss who told him Openreach equipment doesn't work with City Fibre and Talk Talk equipment. I reconnected my Eero 6 to my ONT modem and got a connection. 

The Openreach engineer said he would cancel the visit. He should have reported back that I had a connection with my ONT modem and Eero 6. 

So Talk Talk Future Fibre think I cancelled the Openreach engineer when he did visit and so Talk Talk have kept me on the Fibre 65 data only plan since the City Fibre 'went live'. Also about a week after 'going live-in 10 May I should have received an email stating I've 'gone live'  but got a text message on 18 May from Talk Talk telling me my order was cancelled and to contact Future Fibre.

What do I need to do to sort this fiasco out as it was not of my making but Openreach engineer's fault for not reporting back properly and also not cancelling my landline?

Regards and best wishes if you managed to follow this.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

OK, I know what you mean, I can understand your concern

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi Chris. I think because TalkTalk send me messages for me to call them about my cancelled order (such as Wednesday's message) when its already up and running then I get concerned. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

OK thanks for checking, the systems I can check seem to indicate that you are still on the older package but the Future Fiber team have access to other systems so if they say you are on the new package  then it should be correct, apologies for confusion

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Well that was a painful 3 hours spent on the phone. I don't think my order for Future Fibre 150 was cancelled after all. I will wait until my June Billing date and hopefully it should show Future Fibre 150 monthly charge and the delivery charge for the Eero 6. I think the speeds are what they are at present. At least it's a stable connection.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Chris, I've replied to the link and set up a telephone password as advised.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

OK thanks. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Sorry but I wouldn't know how to monitor the speeds of individual devices. I click on 'Run Speed Test' on my Eero 6 app and it shows those speeds. The living room Eero 6 is the gateway wired router connected to the ONT modem and shows 1 Gbps (Good). The extender Eero 6 is wi-fi connected and is working. If that information is useful.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi EdithNotAda,

Do you see these speeds on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Morning Michelle. My Eero 6 shows download speed of 76 mbps and upload speed of 110 mbps. 

I was unable to measure the speeds using the Black Hub on Future (Full) Fibre between 6 April and 9 May because it wasn't available to check speed. My billing shows between 18 April and 17 May I was placed on Fibre 65 data only (Full Fibre). I was previously on Fibre 35 (FTTC) and the speeds appeared to be what is advertised online.

Regards

0 Likes