NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre 500 - Slow Speeds

Hulkster81
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

Hi , I wonder if anyone can help . So recently signed up to future fibre 500 and went live this week however I am only getting speeds of 96-110 both wireless via eero pro 6 and through a wired test ( ethernet to ont ) . I have tried live chat who seem to have limited knowledge of the product and supplied me with a contact number for the future fibre team but I am still unable to reach someone who can help me with this . Any advice or help from an OP would be great . 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Hulkster81

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Glad you've got it sorted out

0 Likes

Hulkster81
Team Player
Message 3 of 11

All sorted . Rang up the FF team and it was an issue there side . I think they had me on wrong package . Now receiving around 533 mb so very happy . Cheers for all replies . 

0 Likes

ColinK98
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 11

Had the same issue with upload speeds.
initially the response from FF support was that upload speeds are not guaranteed and you get what you get.
after some back and forth a BT engineer was arranged and he plugged his own laptop into the ONT and was getting the same results.
an hour or two later and upload speed when from 20Mbs to 75Mbs.

I'm 99.9% sure these are not capacity issues but profile issues.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Make sure you call the future fibre team though. And not the standard suport. FF team should be able to get things resolved.

0 Likes

Hulkster81
Team Player
Message 6 of 11

I'll see what they say tomorrow but I'm not holding out much hope after today's offering . Cheers for your advice 👍

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

This certainly looks like a service issue. Either the ONT at fault or more likely a provisioning fault by Cityfibre possibly at the FX. You need to ask support to raise a call via the portal for Cityfibre and get them to check it out. You can also ask them to call the service desk at CityFibre to follow the call up, to get an update. 

0 Likes

Hulkster81
Team Player
Message 8 of 11

Response time is around 9ms

0 Likes

Hulkster81
Team Player
Message 9 of 11

Hi , that was a laptop connected directly to the ont

0 Likes

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 10 of 11

When connecting via ethernet to ONT is that direct to computer or patched into the eero. Also what's the latency showing as when running a speed test.

0 Likes