NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre 900 order - no confirmation or routers

Thedude
Team Player
Message 31 of 31

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as a few I've seen on this forum. Ordered Future Fibre 900 a while back and the go live date is this Friday. I've so far not received any email confirmation of this or the two eero 6 pro routers I should be getting so I can use the new line. 

I have had several confirmation texts from Openreach that the line installation will go ahead on Friday but without the routers this is going to leave me without internet access which is essential as I work from home.

I've contacted phone support who have told me that the engineer will bring the routers, I can see others have been told this too and it just isn't true. I've been able to speak to an engineer whilst he was doing my neighbour's line and he said that they don't supply the routers and they have to come from Talk Talk. 

Could someone look into this please? Thanks.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Thedude
Team Player
Message 1 of 31

Thanks Chris, hopefully you're right and it won't be much longer.  It's crazy to think I could have the eeros delivered within a few hours on the same day from Amazon but I've been waiting weeks for the same equipment from my Talk Talk order.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

Hi Thedude,

The back office teams are still having problems with the stuck order, I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve, hopefully it won't take much longer

Chris

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 3 of 31

Hi, are there any updates available?  I've now been refunded the payment I was chased for with threat of turning off my service as it wasn't supposed to be billed in the first place and my account is showing as Fibre 65 - disconnected so things still aren't quite right.  Was wondering if the stuck routers order is due to the account not being updated correctly too.  It's all a bit messy but thankfully the future fibre 900 connection is still working and hasn't been accidentally shut off.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

Sorry, nothing further yet, still with the back office team, I'll check again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 5 of 31

Thanks for keeping me updated with the progress (or lack thereof) on this.  It is appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

Hi Thedude,

Just a quick update to tell you that it's still with our back office team. I'll check again tomorrow

Chris

Message 7 of 31

Sorry for the delay. It's currently with one of the back office teams to have the stuck order issue resolved. I'll check again later

Chris

Thedude
Team Player
Message 8 of 31

Morning,

Is there any progress yet?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Morning,

I'm really sorry about this and we will check this again on Monday for an update on the progress.

Thanks

Thedude
Team Player
Message 10 of 31

Thanks for the update, Chris.  Not great news considering the eeros were supposed to arrive before the service went live last month but on the plus side I bought a really long ethernet cable from Amazon for a fiver and it's done the job to get the original Wifi hub router into a good position to be connected to again until the new ones arrive.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Just a quick update, there's been a delay due to a stuck order so I'm trying to get this sorted for you, I'll let you know when I have any more information, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi Thedude,

Sorry for the delay, I'm chasing this up with our Future Fibre team, I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

Thedude
Team Player
Message 13 of 31

Hi,

Is there any tracking information for the routers that can be supplied, it's been a few days since the order went through and no sign of them yet. 
Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Thedude,

Yes there have been problems with my account and Future Fibre orders. It has been flagged and is under investigation. Regarding the billing issue, if you could start a thread in the billing section, we'll be happy to take a look at this for you 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 15 of 31

Hi Chris,

Thanks for confirming that, we're almost there now.  It does feel like the forums are the only place to get reliable support and the truth unfortunately. 

I have noticed that I haven't had any money taken from account this month and my billing date is usually the 6th.  Would the upgrade have changed the billing date?  Like many others, I no longer have access to My Account to check on bills or anything, I just get a message telling me that 'Your MyAccount access has been suspended' and to call a number but when I did they said they couldn't see any issues and it should be working again in 7 days.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi Thedude,

I've checked and there appears to have been an order placed yesterday afternoon for Total Home wifi so hopefully you'll received the eero's within the next couple of working days, apologies for any inconvenience 

Chris

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 17 of 31

Hi,

The router has finally arrived this morning and all that has been sent is a single eero Pro 6.  It works but just like the first eero 6 I was sent the Wifi range is so short that it can't be used on it's own.  I had asked for confirmation that three units were being sent for Total Home Wifi and it was confirmed, I have the transcript of the support chat to prove it so this is very disappointing again.  Can this be escalated to get the other two eero Pro 6 devices sent on as soon as possible please, it's been two weeks since going live on the new service and we still aren't up and running on it.

One good thing is the speed issue has been resolved, if I plug a device into the ONT I am seeing 948Mbps down and 106Mbps up.  Great speed increase, just need the equipment to actually use it 😁.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

Hi,

Thanks for the update. If the correct router doesn't arrive then we can escalate this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 19 of 31

Morning Michelle,

I went onto the Live Chat at 9 but I'm not convinced it's got me very far.  Much like the previous conversations I've had with that team the agent didn't really know what I was talking about.  They didn't know what an eero was to start with and then told me the router had already been sent out and should arrive soon when I'd said it had already arrived and was the wrong model and only a single unit, not what should be supplied with FF900. 

They said they'd put a new request through for a router but didn't specify which and how many so I asked them to confirm it was for the multiple eero Pro 6 units that should be provided with the package, which they did.  I'll have to wait and see if the the correct order arrives.

I can't fault how polite and friendly the team are, just seems like they have a training issue when it comes to Future Fibre packages which isn't great for a dedicated Future Fibre support team.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Morning,

Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend Live Chatting the Future Fibre Team directly from 9am today as they should be able to look into this for you.

Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Thanks

0 Likes