NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre Install Tomorrow URGENT HELP REQUIRED

stedabbs
First Timer
Message 20 of 20

Hi, 

My Future Fibre 500mb order is being installed tomorrow and I haven't received my Amazon Eero routers. I've spoken to the Future Fibre team several time. Firstly at the beginning of the week and I was promised they would arrive 2-3 days before installation. Today (one day before installation) I have been told the Openreach engineer will bring them. I don't understand why the OR engineer would being Amazon Eero routers with them? They'll bring the equipment they need to get the FTTP set up but surely they're not going to bring TalkTalk equipment? Especially as everywhere on the site it clearly states if you are a new customer Yodel will deliver the routers.

Nothing has gone smoothly with this switch form my current provider. My first order got "stuck" in the system and this one I'm unable to track at all. Noone can tell me what is actually happening and I seriously fear I'm going to be left without internet tomorrow. I work in Telecommunications and my partner works for Local Government - we both work from home and can't afford to lose internet connection over the accepted few hours for setup. I really fear the Openreach engineer won't be bringing the routers tomorrow and I'll be left with nothing.

Can someone please help?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

Sorry, nothing back from the Team as yet, they will email back with any update, but we may not see this until after the weekend.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Chris,

have you heard anything at all?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

I'm sorry about this Steve, I know it must be very inconvenient and frustrating. I'll let you know as soon as I have any feedback from our Future Fibre team team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Good morning Chris,

thank you for checking for me I appreciate it. I know it's not your fault but what a nightmare 😞 not a good onboarding experience for a new customer at all. When I spoke to the Future Fibre team yesterday they said it would be at least 2-5 business days after dispatch until I receive the router so we're looking at at least Tuesday/Wednesday and possibly the end of next week. I'll have to purchase a router to use in the meantime which is obviously less than ideal and an expense I really didn't need :(.

Thanks for keeping me updated.

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry about this but I've checked this morning and unfortunately it looks as though the eero hasn't been dispatched, the order hasn't moved forward. The system won't let me order a router so I've passed this to our Future Fibre team to get a router dispatched. I'll let you know when I receive an update, apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

After speaking to the Future Fibre team again the consensus is that no Router will be delivered tomorrow but they can't order me one until after tomorrow has passed. Apparently I can connect via ethernet cable from the Openreach ONT. How I'm supposed to move mine and my partner's equipment into the living room and connect 2 laptops to one ONT I don't know. I can't believe I'm not even a customer yet and everything is already going wrong. 

When I ordered I was told there would be 2x Eero Routers however there's actually only one so that wasn't true either. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Thanks for checking again Chris. I've got a really bad feeling that it's not going to turn up 🙈. Contacting the Future Fibre team doesn't seem to solve anything as it was that team that originally told me 2-3 prior to the installation date and then promised me that the Openreach Engineer was going to bring it with them. I don't seem to be able to get anything truthful out of them unfortunately.

If it was due to be delivered tomorrow wouldn't it normally need to have been dispatched to Yodel by now?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Steve,

Just a quick update, I've just checked the order again and the tracking number hasn't been generated yet. You could try contacting our Future Fibre team later, they may be able to provide it then.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Oh perfect thank you - will do 🙂

Message 11 of 20

You wouldn't automatically be sent the tracking information but if you bump the thread later this afternoon we can check to see if it's been generated.

Chris

Message 12 of 20

That's fine as long as it's expected to be like that. I'll look forward to receiving my tracking information later this afternoon. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Sorry, this does happen with Future Fibre, we are working to resolve this issue

Chris

Message 14 of 20

Ok thanks Chris,

is it normal to not be able to "Track Order" in My Account? I just get "Oops! Let's get you back on course". 

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Tracking information is generated but only when the router is dispatched which will be later this afternoon 

Chris

Message 16 of 20

Hi Chris,

Will I receive any tracking information? Forgive me for not taking your word for it but I've been lied to twice previously and want to make sure I'm not going to be left without internet. Searching the forums it seems there have been a few people in my position who have been without internet for days/weeks.

Many thanks,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

OK thanks. The order for the router has been created so it should be dispatched today to arrive tomorrow (the engineer wont bring it, it will arrive separately)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi Chris,

none - I'm a new customer. The router I have currently belongs to my current ISP (Vodafone).

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hi stedabbs,

Which router do you currently have?

Chris

0 Likes