NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre and analogue answering machine

AKB56
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have upgraded to Fibre 150 VoIP and (having discovered today that TalkTalk have switched over my account) have now connected my analogue Panasonic telephone to the router via the Grandstream HT801 digital voice adaptor provided.  Set-up was easy, and within 10 minutes the phone could send and receive calls - great.  However, the phone has an integrated answering machine and messages left on that now are extremely distorted, with much background noise.  Are there any settings I need to change in order for it to work properly?  If so, what do I do?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Please can you add your name and FTTP order number to your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. We're currently trying to find out more about this and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

AKB56
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Hi Karl - thanks for your message.  If I pick up the phone when it rings, I can hear the caller clearly with no distortion.  But if I let the call go through to the answerphone, then I get all the distortion as described; there is also a prolonged loud beep at the end each time.   How could I test the handset in another landline?  To work, it has to be attached to the VOIP adapter and thence to the router, doesn't it?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi

A phone with a built in answering machine should work with VOIP.  When you answer  call, is the call clear of noise ? Are you able to test the handset in another landline to make sure it is recording a clear message with no distortion.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes