NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre limited to 330Mb

ufo_BN38EZ_1
Participant
Message 17 of 17

I had Future Fiber 500 installed on Tuesday but the speed is capped at 330Mb. Any ideas why?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that improvements cannot be made.  If they determine that the speeds are above expected then we would not be able to progress this for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ufo_BN38EZ_1
Participant
Message 2 of 17

I've just been on the chat, they say that since it's above the minimum guaranteed speed it's fine!

They also ran tests and said there are no faults and everything has been built correctly on your end.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi,

Ok, let us know how you get on please. If needed we can raise this to the Future Fibre Team from here.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

They didn't arrange a call back but I'm happy to fire up a chat session.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. Did the team advise that they would be contacting you back? Would you like us to try and arrange a call from the Future Fibre Team for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

The line was installed on Tuesday by Openreach, the engineer didn't test the speed, he just said the signal on his tester was near perfect.

I wasn't given any guaranteed range but I have seen that based on my postcode, BT are offering 150, 500 and 900Mb speeds.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi,

When the engineer installed this for you what speeds were they seeing? Were you also provided with a guaranteed range? You mention in one of your posts that the line is with BT. Do you mean that this was installed by Openreach or are you with BT for FTTP?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

That is the speed I get when connecting a laptop (with GbE adapter) to the ONT and reported in the eero app.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi,

Are you also seeing the same speeds on more than one device as well? Are you able to see what speed is received at the ONT? We don't currently have the access to check/see your future fibre speeds here so we're just trying to gather as much info as we can before we pass this to the Future Fibre Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

I did, yes.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi,

Can I just confirm, did you contact the Future Fibre Team via Live Chat?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

The agent suggested powering off the ONT for 20 mins but that didn't work. they also said that the guaranteed minimum was 250Mb

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Well seems like it might not be a problem with the line provider but TalkTalk themselves... yet when I called them they said there are no problems on their end

I hope you can get this fixed

0 Likes

ufo_BN38EZ_1
Participant
Message 14 of 17

The line is with BT.

I've tested direct to the ONT with my laptop & GbE adapter and also using the speed test in the eero app

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 15 of 17

How are you testing the speed ?

If it is direct to the ONT with a gigabit adapter and suitable LAN cable then there could be an issue.

If via a router or eero via LAN, then there could be an issue there.

If it is a WiFi test then the link speed between the router and device could be limiting  speeds as could WiFi interference.

0 Likes

marksamo
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 17

I had Future Fibre 500 installed 2 weeks ago and mine is capped at 216Mbps.

Are you with CityFibre by any chance? Seems like a common problem with them!!...

0 Likes