NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre not connecting

Flukey50
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I had Future Fibre fitted yesterday with the black box.  This was one of the free of charge installations. All the lights on the OTR box are solid green however my router(Huawei DG8041W) will not give internet access unless the old DSL/Broadband wire is still connected to the copper wire connection.  I spoke to tech support today who advised there is a fault as the router should work just on the new Fibre connection but no one was available to advise.

I noted a few of comments of similar nature and that a support person had provided someone else with router settings that had resolved the problem.  I would anticipate the router settings may well be the issue.

Would be grateful for any assistance with this.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Flukey50,

No problem. Sorry to hear that the router hasn't resolved the issue. Yes it's probably best to contact our Future Fibre team, they should be able to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Chris.

Sorry for delay, had a family funeral and people staying!  Anyway, new router arrived and I tried it this morning. Sadly no luck at all. In fact, rather worse than current one. This one won't connect at all, even with the old DSL line!

I will try to get to tech support and ask them to check on the setting that City Fibre were supposed to change as that does not appear to have happened.  Will let you know any outcome unless you have any better ideas in the meantime.

Cheers

Flukey50

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

No problem (you should receive the router within a couple of working days)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Thanks Chris. I appreciate that.   I will hope it arrives before they cut my copper lines!  I will maybe speak to tech support again to inform them yesterdays update  / solution did not take effect.

I will update you in due course.

Flukey50

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Flukey50,

Thanks for the update

The 5364 doesn't have the digital voice connector, the 5464 (wifi hub 2) does. I've ordered a Sagemcom but can't specify which one so could receive either. 

Chris                           

Message 6 of 15

Hi there Chris. Thanks for response. I had been on phone to tech support for hours as you messaged!  In fact, interestingly, we thought we had identified the issue in that City Fibre, when setting up the OTR, have to tell their system a specific setting depending on the router used . I think it was either G and maybe T (sound rather nice if so, G+T).  I have a Wifi Hub 1 and there is also the hub 2 apparently. Anyway, he noted that if City Fibre did not get their setting right it will never work for my router. 

He therefore said he would task City Fibre to change the setting and that this should be quick.  Advised me to switch off both the OTR and router for half hour ( I did at least an hour) as it all has to be off for the change to be made and that this should resolve the issue.

Sadly, when switched back on it still had not activated.  I will speak to them again I guess but if you could arrange a new router that may be a useful thing to do.  He was saying that the Hub 2 has a VOIP (green) connection on the back which may also be useful if I lose the phone line.  Looking at options I see the Sagemcom FAST 5364 would appear to the main option? (although I don't see a green connector on the back should I decide to keep the phone line running).

I will live in hope that this may still be resolved before too long!

Thanks for your input to date.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Would you like me to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Flukey50 

Existing customers in areas where Future Fibre is available from TalkTalk are being offered the opportunity of an FTTP upgrade free of charge.

Where Openreach have given a date for withdrawal of landline voice service / existing broadband over landline connections and it's important for the customer to retain a voice service then one option is the package of the eero and Grandstream voice adapter. Eero enabled packages start with the Fibre 150 full fibre service that's normally £32/m. So yes, a nice discount from £32 to £24/m.

CityFibre service is normally provisioned at the top-end 900Mbps speed that comes in at £36/m. Compared to £39 or £49/m for Openreach provisioned Fibre 500 / 900 respectively. So, again a nice discount comparision and getting the best possible FTTP connection from Openreach's competitor.

The selection of a 'Solution' (AKA Best Answer) doesn't close the topic at all but best for you to wait until you have all possible contributions before selecting one as the Solution / Best Answer.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 15

Thanks for that info Gondola.  What puzzles me is that the family had the free upgrade, are still paying the £24.00 /month for their package, they also had a phone line adapter provided to maintain their phone line and are now running at 150mb.  I am sure one their current contract expires they may need to pay more for the 150mb but at present they are doing well. 

In fact, talking to them I am not concerned at having kept the Talktalk router anyway as it appears the Eero only has two ethernet ports available and I am already needing 4 so the TalkTalk router suits me.  I would have selected soultion accepted, but being new to this I was not sure if that would close my thread and of course, my problems remains that once I unplug the old copper wire / broadband cable I lose everything so that still needs to be  resolved.  Thanks for taking the time to respond however.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Flukey50 

Just to say that the CityFibre installs normally have a black coloured ONT and are supplied with the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub. The Openreach installs have a white coloured ONT, sometimes cased, often not, and are supplied with the eero router if the package is Fibre 150 or 500/900 and the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub for Fibre 65.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 11 of 15

Hi. This was a City Fire installation.  Family member in the West Midlands had a free installation also (not sure who with) and they were given the white box and a new Eero router. I take it different areas are doing things differently.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Could I just ask, is this an Openreach connection or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Morning Chris. Thanks for the response.  I will try to call tech support this morning as well.  Something does need to change somewhere I guess given that if they do switch off my old copper line in a week or two I will have no internet or phone at all!

Will wait to see if you have any further ideas.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi Flukey50,

I don't think any of the settings need changing but I'll find out for sure and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes