NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future fibre 65 VoIP

Maherc
Participant
Message 27 of 27

Since we have moved over to digital my wifi is terrible. The box on the wall lights are on and the broadband box light is on but devices connected, the wifi keeps dropping.

After it drops off I have to restart my google home devices and when working from I have to use my mobiles data so I can stay on a meeting without any disruptions.

Sometimes it says it cant obtain the IP address.

Can anyone offer any advice? 

Thanks

Maherc
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi Chris

The package I'm on (Future Fibre 65) meant that I received the TT Sagemcom router, I retained my landline so I no need for VOIP, however, my understating is that VOIP traffic data is virtually separated (this may well be the same for the adapter), and therefore not accessible using your normal network setting (different IP range), it may well be discoverable with Network Sniffing software.

My home system is a bit over the top and any switch capable of VPNs for VOIP traffic would do, my setup uses Omada TP-Link as a system:

TT Sagemcom > ER605 > TL SG-342 > Tap Points

>TL SG2210MP > Wireless Access Points

> OC200 Cloud Controller

Currently I have a combination of 55 devices on my networks and everything is working just fine

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Hello,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi

I,ve recently had future fibre 150 installed and am interested in the VoIP connection part. When I ordered the package I stipulated that the landline number was retained and TT assured me it would be. I had the new eero 6 router and a analogue phone adapter delivered, and when the Openreach engineer installed the fibre ont we discussed VoIP. The installation went fine ( I already had a Sagecom router, and Some years ago a cat 5e cable network was installed ), when connected the internet started very quickly. The engineer connected the analogue phone adapter to a power point and a lan socket, but it failed to connect. He said it would probably take some hours to start, and sure enough it did.

The analogue phone adapter is  a Grandstream device which works ok, but it can’t be reached over the lan?

I noticed on your post and the attachment that you have a home lan, and I wondered if I could ask some questions?

Have you replaced the TT sagem router, if so with what? What other bits and bobs do you have connected to your lan?

The reason I ask is that I am considering updating my lan and router, but am not sure what to buy?

Thanks

Chris_0

Chris_0
0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Hi Maherc,

OK thanks. Have you tried resetting your router to factory default settings? If not then you could give it a try - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Maherc
Participant
Message 5 of 27

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Yes I have.

When I go to the talktalk service centre it says

We have not been able to identify your router or its software version. 

Also when I check devices with issues, it lists most of my devices with a note saying either is facing connectivity issues or struggles to connect to wifi.

Maherc
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

OK thanks. Have you tried just switching the router off and leaving it off for a few minutes (sorry, realise you've probably tried this but best to make sure)

Chris

0 Likes

Maherc
Participant
Message 7 of 27

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

The only items in the room is the TV, sound bar but they are switched off during the day. 

Maherc
0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Is the router situated close to any other wireless or electrical devices that could be causing interference?

Chris

0 Likes

Maherc
Participant
Message 9 of 27

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Yes they do.

Maherc
0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Hi Maherc,

Do all your devices appear to lose connection at the same time?

Chris

0 Likes

Maherc
Participant
Message 11 of 27

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

The number I was given is the normal TalkTalk number. I was just told wifi isn't guaranteed... but my wifi was absolutely fine before fibre 65 VoIP. Is there anyone else that can help me? Our wifi is so intermittent that I cant hold a meeting, I cant use the internet on my phone and google homes keep saying there is no internet.

Maherc
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi @redpis 

Sorry I wasnt referring to your post, I was happy you jumped in. It was when I was asked what package I was exactly on, as a newbie I didnt realise people spoke to others that way

Maherc
0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Yes I still have my working copper line, the Openreach engineer said at some point they will receive instruction to remove the jumper enabling the VDSL service, but a functioning line was part of the talktalk deal, even though we rarely use it!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Lol it was to emphasise that the word was linked, but point taken 😊

0 Likes

Maherc
Participant
Message 15 of 27

Hi @redpis 

Thank you for jumping in there. Not sure how you feel but I still consider the use of all caps for a word as shouting.

Maherc
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 16 of 27

Nice blog.

You mention that you thought you would keep your copper line, but as this topic mentions VoIP I guess that was not the case.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi, I did a blog on future fibre 65 FTTP HERE

martswain
Philosopher
Message 18 of 27

@redpis  if it is not advertised and does not appear to be able to be ordered anywhere that I can find, please do let us know how you managed to get it installed.

What fibre network does it use and who did the installation ?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Although it’s not advertised, future fibre 65 is available as I had it installed on the 4th Jan 22

Message 20 of 27

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion, this would have been email. Did you receive an email advising that you had been accepted onto the trial?

Thanks

0 Likes