NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future fibre installation, what actually happens?

DECKARD21
Team Player
Message 2 of 2

I have been offered a free Future Fibre upgrade by TalkTalk, supposedly with no extra cost and able to keep the same landline number.  Has anyone had experience of having this done successfully?

I had some specific setup questions:-

To keep the landline and number, do you still keep the existing copper wire and BT master socket ?

Has anyone had the new fibre line run in from a street pole, I cannot spot any cable boxes in the road near us so assume it must come from the pole?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi DECKARD21 

You may keep the existing landline for voice or be offered a number migration to Voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) Digital Voice service. It all depends on how soon voice is being withdrawn from conventional landlines at your exchange.

And as for FTTP via the street pole or underground duct, that usually follows the existing infrastructure. i.e. if your telephone line is via an underground duct to the home then the fibre optic cable will run from the Fibre Distribution Point, usually an underground chamber, via the existing duct to your home. If your landline is via a pole then the fibre line will normally follow that type of install. At the top of the poles that are fibre ready you'll see either a rectangular box for pre-made connectorised fibre cable connections or a round 'bullet shape' manifold for a blown fibre connection. 

The Future Fibre Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and LiveChat with the Future Fibre Team.

Future Fibre Support Hub

LiveChat to the Future Fibre team

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Scroll down the Future Fibre Support Hub page to GET IN TOUCH. if you don't see a blue Chat now button then pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers or similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to the Future Fibre team on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate or included in your UK mobile allowance.

Future Fibre Help

Future Fibre - Installation

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes