NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started

NorrieT
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Hello I'm now connected with Future Fibre since yesterday. I have no account information, not on the speed plan that I'm supposed to be and no idea what email address I'm supposed to be using, I assumed I'd have a Talk talk one? I don't seem to have any "Welcome Pack" that I keep seeing mentioned on various pages. When I login to My Account it loads up nothing, just an "Oops" message.  I have tried calling but no one answers, I can't sit on my phone using the chat programme at work. My welcome email says I was meant to be on the 500 plan and I'm only getting 150 MBPS download speeds.  Any ideas? Seems very difficult to speak to an actual person with Talk Talk. Ta. NT.

NorrieT
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'd recommend live chatting our Future Fibre Team directly from 9am today. If they are unable to assist then please let us know and we can raise this over for you. I've included a Help Guide below which has the Live Chat button at the bottom of the page.

Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Last Friday, he said I had to wait until my account was active before he could do anything  for me.  Just checked - Its still not active.

NorrieT
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

When was the last time you spoke to them?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Chris

I have contacted them several times, but alas they cant help me until my account is active.  See the problem I have?  We just go round in circles all the time.  Its now three weeks on and Im still not getting the package that was agreed and my speeds are slow but nothing can be done until my account is active (allegedly).  Today my account is still not loading and Im still getting the oops message.

NT

NorrieT
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Norman,

Thanks for running the test. As the speeds are so slow connected directly to the ONT could you contact our Future Fibre support team, they should be able to help with this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

HI Chris, I tried this, plugged the ethernet from my PC directly into the box on the wall, speeds were:

• 94.8 download
  • 30.8 Upload.
NorrieT
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

OK thanks Norman. The ONT is  the box attached to your wall, the one that the eero is connected too. Could you try some speed tests with the PC connected directly to the ONT bypassing the eero

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hello

It was a new installed completed last Monday (11th), I have the Amazon Eero 6 wifi  Hub.

Thank you

Norman.

NorrieT
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi,

Just before we try this can I confirm, was this an upgrade or a new installation? If this was an upgrade, do you have a Sagemcom wifi hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

If you tell me what you mean by this I shall give it a try.

NorrieT
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hello,

Can I just confirm, what speeds do you see if you connect directly at the ONT?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hello Chris

I am running the test on my home PC which is connected via Ethernet Cable to the Eero6 hub.  I used the speed test link on the Talk Talk website. 

NorrieT
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 16

Hi NorrieT,

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds aren't what you expected, what device are you running the speed tests on?

Chris

0 Likes

NorrieT
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 16

I have an FTTP order number but there is no account number on the welcome email, I had two tries at joing up as the first hadn't completed (long story), second attempt email came with the FTTP number so not sure if I still use the same account number.

I shall have a go at what you said. Thanks. Nt

NorrieT

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Put your details into your community forum profile for support staff to identify your account, @NorrieT.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Add an order number or account number, as you won't have been given a landline number. 

The administration of the accounts does appear to be lagging far behind the pace of the rollout of FTTP.

Staff on here have limited access to the Future Fibre system, so you may just end up having to phone or use Chat again, but I will escalate this thread into the queue for their attention, in hope.

They respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes