NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Appointment Cancelled without me knowing - can't get a straight answer!

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

Hi Folks, new to the site, but hopefully someone may be able to help - warning you now that this is a lengthy one!

So, we basically got our new house keys back at the start of April. We tried to move our broadband with us, but because we were moving to an an area eligible for future fibre, the talktalk team told me it was a "no sell" area, and i would need to take out a new policy/contract. So that's what i did.

On the 13th April i ordered a Future Fibre 65 data only plan, with the scheduled install to be the 9th May. Ok, that's all good, annoying we'd have a week or so without broadband, but it is what it is.

Fast forward to today, the day due for installation and the engineer is a no-show.....so I call TalkTalk to ask what's happening. The team member i spoke to, after many transfers, told me that somehow my order hadn't been picked up by open reach....despite me contacting TalkTalk a few times beforehand to see if i could get an earlier install date through someone cancelling etc. So, because it hadn't gone through, the appointment was cancelled....i didn't recieve any emails or contact about this, and the team member i spoke to couldn't tell me why this had happened, and the only thing to do now was to take out ANOTHER new policy....ok....

So, I'm passed through to the sales team who tell me that the next available date is the 28th May...another 3 weeks away, but i mean, i need broadband in the house, so ok i sign up for the same deal again.

Then I asked the team member who put the order through was there anything that they could do for me, as obviously this is an extremely frustrating situation to be in, and not great service. They said that yes, they would credit my account with £40 and said that they would upgrade me for free to a faster speed once the install was done, all i had to do was call up. I asked her to add that to the notes on the account and that was agreed.

After about an hour, i realised that i should probably get that in writing, so it isn't contested in the future, so i call back up to ask to get passed to the same agent i dealt with....that can't be done. They can't transfer me to the same person i spoke to.....so cue me getting bounced around between departments trying to get someone to access my account to see if these notes about compensation has been added....they haven't. Cue me getting bounced around again to different people, who the person before said "they will have full access and be able to see all the notes". Each time, nothing. I then am advised to speak with sales to see if they can review the call i had with the agent who put the policy through for me (as all calls are recorded)....get transferred through.....they can't do that. They tell me customer service can.....i get transferred, they cant do it or access my account and need to contact sales.....I'm put on hold and then I'm kicked from the call.

Any advice on what I should do here? This is all very frustratingly painful. I'm planning on calling tomorrow again to try an get this sorted. One of the team members actually commented with shock how many people i has spoken to throughtout the day. I was also trying livechat, but with no luck.

Any help at all would be much appreciated and of course I can clarify any details.

Many thanks!

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 18

Arne doesn't appear to be on here at all today, @ccampbell949, so it is rather "as and when".

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 2 of 18

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 , no reply as of yet. Do you know how long it would normally take to get a response after escalation? Thanks

0 Likes

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 3 of 18

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 , that's great, thank you

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 18

Re-escalating this for you, @ccampbell949.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 5 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk , just checking you got my pm ok?

0 Likes

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 6 of 18

Morning @Arne-TalkTalk , did you get my pm ok?

0 Likes

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 7 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk , just pm'd you. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi 

Please send the account number via PM 

Thank you. 

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 9 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk thanks for getting back to me. I've added my mobile number to my account here, which you should be able to see? If not i can send you the account number via message if that's easier for you

0 Likes

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 10 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk thanks for getting back to me. I've added my mobile number to my account here, which you should be able to see? If not i can send you the account number via message if that's easier for you

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi @ccampbell949

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 18

Hi @ccampbell949 sorry you haven't seen a response here, most unusual, but good news that the complaints team have been able to sort if for you.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 13 of 18

@Divsec managed to speak to a complaints manager yesterday evening and i think it may be resolved. I may still need to check that what was agreed on the call (the credit and free upgrade) have been added to my account notes? Still no reply on here though unfortunately

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 14 of 18

Hi @ccampbell949 glad it feels as though so progress is being made but I think my friend @Arne-TalkTalk might want to cast his eyes over this as well.

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 15 of 18

@Divsec many thanks! I spoke with a member of staff yesterday (again after many transfers) and he had said basically the whole thing was a mess - I now had 2 inactive accounts now or something and I shouldn't have been passed to sales and taken out a new contract before something else had been done, and said that someone obviously hasn't done their job properly. He esclated to the Ops team(?) who he said would be able to see all the mistakes that have been made so far and should be able to help me with this. Hopefully I'll hear back soon either from them or a team member through here?

0 Likes

ccampbell949
Team Player
Message 16 of 18

@Divsec many thanks! I spoke with a member of staff yesterday (again after many transfers) and he had said basically the whole thing was a mess - I now had 2 inactive accounts now or something and I shouldn't have been passed to sales and taken out a new contract before something else had been done, and said that someone obviously hasn't done their job properly. He esclated to the Ops team(?) who he said would be able to see all the mistakes that have been made so far and should be able to help me with this. Hopefully I'll hear back soon either from them or a team member through here?

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @ccampbell949 your post has been escalated and you should hear shortly