NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with using 3rd Part Router on FTTP

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 5 of 5

I posted a question ealier about using a 3rd party router with TT, FTTP. I note for the FTTC connection you have a help link to use 3rd party routers for setup (which is great) is there anyway you can update it and add a bit for FTTP connections using a 3rd Party router

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

many thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Ok thanks for that The Firewall bit that would have caught me out, thanks for you help

0 Likes

Tech50
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 5

The ONT is Openreach property, same as the master socket.  As such you will not have access to its settings.  As far as the third-party router goes, the ONT just connects to its EWAN port.

Just note that despite the “gigabit interface” a lot of current generation third-party routers have firewall throughput limited to 300 to 450Mb/s.  This will limit speed if the fibre package speed is 500 or 900 etc.

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for that I was not quite sure, I guess I would have tried it first and see what I got, see if worked OK but just wanted to be ready incase otherwise panic would set in 🙂

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

There aren't any. Those ADSL/VDSL settings are for combined modem/routers. There is no such alternative for a FTTP ONT.