NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my landline phone on my new Future Fibre connection?

Karlos3
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

We had Fibre installed last week. Talktalk suggested our current TalkTalk router (Talktalk WIFI hub) would be suitable to continue to use and that our phone landline would also continue to work on the fibre connection.

However, the router does not have a socket for a DECT phone and so it still has to be connected to the original copper wire line to use it.

The Talktalk engineer who installed the fibre seemed surprised that we had been advised that this router would be suitable for broadband and phone line.

Can you please advise how I can use my landline phone on my new future fibre installation, I would prefer to not have to continue using the old copper wire (and be able to remove it).

Many thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi, 

I don't, but I'll go ask the question for you and return shortly with an answer 🙂

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 8

Thanks Karl, do you have any idea when this may be available to me, or how I will know when is the right time to ask for one?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

When this is available to you you will have to request this is added by speaking to our future fibre team, as a new router will be provided with a voip port, or a phone adapter will be supplied.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Do you know if I need to specifically request a VOIP package or will this be automatically  in processas part of the fibre upgrade?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

Currently you cannot use the landline phone with your fibre connection until a VOIP package is made available to you.  The phone will continue to use the copper landline for the time being.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karlos3
Team Player
Message 6 of 8

Yes, the phone works on the old copper circuit but I was led to believe that this circuit would become redundant and I could use my landline phone on the new fibre connection - is this not the case?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

So is the phone still working when connected to the copper circuit? In which case the MPF is still active and you should continue to use that alongside your new FTTP broadband service. 

0 Likes