NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection after recontracting

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 19

I have had full fibre since February (transitioned from a service down the phone line). My contract ended in early April. On Friday I recontracted for 18 months. On Sunday morning at 6.30am my connection randomly stopped working and my router now just flashes orange. 

I've been passed around various agents who think it is a fault with city fibre (who run the fibre service in our street), but this seems far too coincidental not to be linked to the new contract I took on Friday. Especially as in the 'My Account' section of the website there is no reference anywhere to the new deal I signed up to. In the meantime I am just waiting for city fibre to call when I am pretty sure they'll say it has nothing to do with them. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19
0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 19

Superb, thank you very much!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

That's fine, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 19

Hi Chris I cannot find an order number but have added my account number. Hope this is okay.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Thanks but could you also please add your Future Fibre order number to the private notes section of you Community Profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 19

All done, thanks Chris.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

OK, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 19

Yes please that would be fantastic.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

OK thanks. Would you like me to arrange to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 19

Yes, I've done a couple of resets - leaving it off unplugged for 15 mins and then using a paper clip for the hard factory reset, neither have worked unfortunately. I also cannot connect to the router to look at the settings as it won't generate a wifi network.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

OK thanks. have you tried resetting it to factory defaults. if not then it's worth a try?

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 19

It's this one:

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub – Enjoy a Fast, Strong, Reliable Wi-Fi Connection in Your Home https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D6MVZJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_RMM42MEZTE5C6F0N71CY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=...

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Thanks for trying that, yes it does look as though it could be an issue with your router. Which router do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 19

Hi Chris, thanks for your response. I've only the one device with an ethernet socket (a smart TV), and didn't realise I could skip out the router but yes that is connected to the internet when I plug it directly into the ONT. 

What does that suggest a problem with the router?

Thanks very much for your help!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi timgray85,

Are you able to test with a device connected directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable bypassing the router?

Chris

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 19

P.s. 3 of the 4 lights are on on the ONT, the one that is not lit is labelled ethernet. 

All cables etc. Have been checked and router has been reset.

0 Likes

timgray85
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 19

Hi Michelle,

Yes I've been in contact with the fibre team. They have just raised an incident with city fibre (who I still haven't heard from, three days after first reporting the issue). I really can't help but think it has got something to do with the fact that I signed up to a new contract last Friday.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you been in contact with our Future Fibre Team directly? What lights are on the ONT?

Thanks

0 Likes