NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Service

NorrieT
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hello

I moved to Talk Talk from my previous provider on 11th April 2022.  It has now been in place for nearly two weeks now.  Couple of points Id like to raise:

• After nearly two weeks service I'm still unable to access my Talk Talk account online, how long do I have to wait for this to be up and running?

• I have just been billed by my previous provider for another month for my Broadband with them as no one had been in touch with them to say I was moving.  I'm pretty sure Talk Talk said they would deal with this when I went through the application process.  It seems this was not the case, I should have been told if I had to cancel my previous service myself, I'm now having to pay for a further 14 days on top of the last two weeks for something I no longer have access to.  They say because it was a new line put in that this did not effect the service that they had in place and no one said to them I was leaving.

The service I'm getting from TalkTalk is excellent but dealing with the company itself has been a nightmare to be honest.  Ive been online doing the chat thing and had several LONG phone calls to try and get my account live and for me to be able to access it online, so far Ive had no luck.

Hoping to have this resolved soon so I can get the service in place that was agreed.

Thank you

NT.

NorrieT
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

@NorrieT, I am just going to post a link to your other thread, where staff were looking into the speeds issue, but you were also mentioning this problem with My Account:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/Getting-started/td-p/2877302#M4015

Unfortunately, there really do seem to be issues with getting the account set up in a timely manner with the FTTP  service. 

Staff won't be back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

I'll move this to the Future Fibre section for you, @NorrieT.

It is the case that this needs to be sorted out by the FF team, rather than forum staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

NewbieHere
Team Player
Message 3 of 7

On the first point, it does seem to take an age. I’ve been waiting patiently for over a month now since I upgraded to Future Fibre & still no word of when I might get access to my Future Fibre  My Account. Oh and of course, my last bill was wrong.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 7

@NorrieT  they could well be if they were not on the BTOR network or it could be you if you just ordered a new line from TT for your address.

EDIT : From your other posts you appear to be a Future Fibre customer, so was that a takeover of an existing FTTP service or a completely new installation from TT ?

Was your other service over the phone line ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Who the previous provider was, is not the issue, they were not at fault in this.

NorrieT
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@NorrieT  who was your previous ISP ?

If it was over the phone line and as part of the joining process you asked TT to take over that line and number they should have told your previous ISP.

If you just went to TT and ordered a new line then they would not have completed that step.

0 Likes