NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New full fibre no voip?

starfire11
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

yesterday had full fibre with voip installed every thing works except phone, go into hub2 page and it says phone not registered and on main phone page says disabled. when bt man left he said all is working OK. I contacted, via bot service talktalk but they could not do anything. I have a solid ring tone on phone but can't dial out or receive calls. any help please

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Gondola, thanks for the reply.

I was one of TT first customers and I have had great service ,and I am sure they would sort something out should it ever be needed.

The OR setup here is very poor, with constant problems, but as you know OR are more or less uncontactable, so TT has taken most of the flak. The surveyor did recognise the poor state of the set up , it was he who suggested that OR may replace the lot, but this would involve laying new conduit for at least 150m with spurs to all but 5 of the properties. The drive is privately owned but maintained by us residents. So you see we have a few more hurdles to get over !

Thanks again.

Gerry

Message 2 of 13

Hi Gerry Surfer 

As you're aware from reading this thread, TalkTalk are trialling their Digital voice services (VoIP).  So there are already customers that need voice service over Future Fibre in the system. Many customers don't want voice as mobile services fulfill their needs.  TalkTalk recognised that with the initial provision of a Data Only Future Fibre offer and it's at a lower cost. 

If Openreach do withdraw service over metallic lines from a given telephone exchange area then a customer would be provided with a Digital voice adaptor and Future Fibre service supporting VoIP. You don't need to worry about when that'll happen as you'll be looked after before services are ceased. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 13

Hi Gondola,

Talktalks lack of VOIP is concerning.

My Openreach installation is rickerty, partially overhead, partially burried and in poor condition, requiring on average of about 1 visit a week for the 11 houses served by this instalation. We have recently been surveyed for FTTP. The surveyor suggested that if it ever happens OR may take this as an opertunity to replace the whole setup  completely. As things stand at the moment this would result in TT customers losing their home phones. Many of the residends rely completely on their home phone. Talktalk needs to get this fixed, and fixed quickly, as other providers already offer this service.

Is there any date when this might happen?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

starfire11
Team Player
Message 5 of 13

hi Michelle yes we have resolved all issues and are now fully working. it was a missing grandstream box. I would also say that a good connection diagram in with the router would have solved many issues. but all OK now thank you

Message 6 of 13

Hello,

How are you getting on? Did our Future Fibre Team manage to resolve this for you?

Thanks

starfire11
Team Player
Message 7 of 13

Thanks gondola will try them tomorrow 

Message 8 of 13

Yes, if you're on the VOIP trial you'll have been provided with a point of contact (weekday office hours). The digital voice services are enabled via a different platform so may switch on after the ONT gets enabled for broadband connection. 

starfire11
Team Player
Message 9 of 13

one of the trial people so looks like will have to ring them Monday 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

TalkTalk's current offer on Full Fibre via Openreach does not include voice services. TalkTalk are trialling digital voice services (VOIP) with selected customers. Are you one of those customers? Or did you purchase a Data only Future Fibre service? Data only means no voice services.

0 Likes

starfire11
Team Player
Message 11 of 13

no its the one TalkTalk sent me sagem thing I have the ufo box supplied by by for the fiber all green lights and Internet just no voip

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Are you a BT customer? BT have a Smart Hub 2.

0 Likes