NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service now for over 2 weeks since FutureFibre install

johnhuk55
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,
I was offered a Fibre 150 and Voice Package upgrade in an email, from my existing Fibre 65 package. Received my Eero 6 and Grandstream DVA before Openreach install on Mon 28 Mar which went fine, though over 3 hours calling by then to get active line on TalkTalk side of exchange. I had 2 blue lights: power and internet on Grandstream but no phone led lit. I was told by Openreach this is down to talkTalk and should become active after a couple hours.

Since then the Fibre 150 internet has worked fine, but despite numerous calls to support I have not had any phone service for over 2 weeks now. A negative reply on a Survey triggered a call by "Andrew" in customer support to me but now he is not following it up unfortunately.

I have received 4, yes 4!, routers in the last 2 weeks: the original Eero 6, then another https://accessories.talktalk.co.uk/productdescription/39 identical to my previous Fibre 65 router which works fine on Fibre 150. following these another Eero 6, then a new wifi hub 2 router with the standard green phone socket on back. This gives an intermittent internet connection; going steady white then after 30 secs or so tries to re-connect with flashing amber before steady white. This repeats.

Connecting the phone still gives no service.

I have repeatedly asked why my package online is still showing as Fibre 65 and not Fibre 150 and wondering if this is part of the issue.

Can anyone help me here?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂 

Thanks

0 Likes

johnhuk55
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle, unless you have done something 'behind the scenes' pwering down the Grandstream DVA for over 30 mins has worked. I now have a phone service and been able to remove the temporary divert put on by support.

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Ok thanks. Do you know what lights were specifically on the adapter? In regards to My Account, this can take a little while to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

johnhuk55
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for reply Michelle. The DVA is currently connected as shown in the set up guide but to my existing (Fibre 65) router. I have tried it (alongside support) with both Eero 6 hubs but no different in terms of having an active phone connection. I have gone back to existing router as I use the other RJ45 connections on the back.

I will now try your suggestion for powering down and re-starting.

Can you please investigate my Account Package setting to be Fibre 150?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Can I just confirm, is the voice adapter set up like the below Help Guide? Have you also tried powering down the adapter for a full 30 minutes and then retested this again?

Digital Voice Adapter - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes