NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service - upgrade from Fibre 65 to Fibre 500

pythagoras
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I used to have Fibre 65 through the phone line.  TalkTalk moved me over to FTTP which went smoothly with no interruption to service.  I was put onto the equivalent speed on the FTTP service and no additional cost.

On the FTTP, I noticed I could get speeds up to 500MB, so I contacted TalkTalk to upgrade from the 65 to 500.

There have been long delays - a very long “stabilisation period” followed by a multitude of issues processing the order.  An engineer was booked to visit my property - however this was unneeded as I already had the FTTP installed (the engineer thought he was coming out to install it).

Shortly after the engineer visited, my internet stopped working.  I wasn’t home at the time but I contacted the engineer and he explained he took a number from my box outside to transfer it onto the fibre 500 service.

I am in contact with someone in Executive Relations at TalkTalk, however I am left without any service and an undetermined period of time before I have service.  I am worried that this will go in for a very long period of time.

I have now been told that it is a coincidence that the service stopped working shortly after the engineer visited and that there is a fault in my area - which I would be very surprised if true.  Very confused as I was getting excellent service on the 65 FTTP service - these issues have stemmed from wanting moved onto a different package and maybe the phone being removed from my account (which I don’t use and my new package wouldn’t Include).

I would appreciate some support with this as I fear I may need to leave TalkTalk if I am left in some sort of limbo.

The engineer who visited my house said that the order was “a mess”.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for your PM. I can't see this information. Could you try completing the link again please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community. Reply via Private Message only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello,

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further. Please reply via Private Message only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Yes

CMP-218462 [Incident: 220223-000323]

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, do you mean that this is being investigated by the Complaints Team?

Thanks

0 Likes