NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONT has green lights & eero says lightening fast but no internet

NewbieHere
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 20

Since this morning my Future Fibre 150 service in postcode KT10 seems unable to connect to the internet although the ONT is showing all green lights & the eero app’s speed test is showing 150 down and 31 up.

I’ve tried rebooting the ONT and the eero but the situation stays the same.   Very little or no internet via Wi-Fi or ethernet. Tried to do a Speedtest on the internet but of course with no internet that just times out.

Can’t use My Account to test or report because 2 weeks since installation I’m still waiting for the welcome email to set up the new my account.

any ideas?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi,

I've just seen your post. I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Message 2 of 20

That's great news, thanks for letting us know

Chris

Message 3 of 20

Michelle,

fingers crossed my issue is now resolved.

As you kindly suggested, I spoke to eero support who suspected, I think correctly, that my wifi issues were being caused by one of my  eeros being placed TOO CLOSE to another erro.

With a bit of trial & error,  playing with the placement & then deciding to remove one altogether, I think things have stabilised and that my wifi network is now OK.

Thank you again for all your help

Message 4 of 20

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. It's possible that just one of the eeros could be dropping. If the connection remains stable at the ONT then it may be worth just adding one eero at a time for a short period to see how that goes.

Thanks

Message 5 of 20

Thanks Michelle,

I have 5 eeros including the TT supplied one. I've disconnected them all & have now connected the ONT directly to a single iMac via ethernet to see how that goes. I will also contact eero support to see if they have any bright ideas.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Do you only have the one eero? If it's possible then it would be worth connecting directly at the ONT to confirm if the connection remains stable as this will then indicate whether this is solely related to the eero. Have you also tried the support function in the eero app?

Thanks

0 Likes

NewbieHere
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 20

Michelle, Ive just had another dropout on an Alex device connected to the eero 6 via wifi. the light on the eero remained solid white and the lights on the ONT were as follows:

Power - solid green

LOS - not illuminated

PON - solid green

LAN - flashing green

At the same time as the Alexa device failed my iPhone, connected to the same eero 6 lost wifi connectivity and I was unable to do a Speedtest. Moments later everything works again.

I could try connecting my computer to the ONT by ethernet & disconnecting everything else & see if I still get any dropouts?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20
0 Likes

NewbieHere
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 20

I don’t know, I had switched the lights off on the eero6. I’ll put them back on & watch

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20
0 Likes

NewbieHere
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 20

Thanks for responding so quickly Michelle. Yes it’s all Wi-Fi , a moment ago I couldn’t get on the TT community site to reply to you on my iphone

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Morning,

Sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is it only the alexa devices which are losing the connection or all wireless devices?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Good Morning Michelle, I’m afraid I’m having a similar problem today. Speed tests show a good internet connection but my Alexa devices which connect by Wi-Fi keep cutting out. Any ideas?

PS eero6 dashboard also shows good Wi-Fi to the devices

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

NewbieHere
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 20

that’s great, much appreciated, thank you 

Message 16 of 20

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming and we'll check back in with you a few days to see if everything is still ok 🙂

Thanks

NewbieHere
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 20

Thank you - I didn’t try connecting my computer directly to the ONT but I did reboot the ONT and the eero 6, disconnected everything else & although the ONT & eero 6 indicated everything was fine, I couldn’t even run a Speedtest on the internet. Then it started to come back for a few minutes only to fail again. Late yesterday evening it became more stable & fingers crossed so far today it is fine.

Okla Speedtest showing 144 & 31 on Wi-Fi a room away from the eero 6.

I guess & hope that there was a fault somewhere in the external network that has now been resolved. 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 20

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you able to connect ok if you connect directly to the ONT?

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi Newbie Here 

The ONT's green lights for all except the LoS indicator do suggest that the ONT is connected to the incoming optical fibre service.

The eero app Speedtest is testing the speed between the gateway eero to and from a server on the Internet. If that is indicating 150 down and 31 up then there is a good path to the Internet.

Which leaves the Wi-Fi connection between your devices and the gateway eero or a single Ethernet connection between a computer and the gateway eero.

Troubleshoot by rebooting your computer and switching off or bypassing any VPN connection that you may be using. A quick test with Fast.com gives me a rapid indication of things working normally.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution