NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online account details outdated

Xongi88
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Hello,

how can I get my online account details updated after upgrading my broadband to future fiber 150. My old contract fiber 65 ended on 3rd October but it still shows in my online account as my current package. Also my landline number shows as active but it was deactivated as well. Because of that I am not able to manage my current net fiber 150 as it doesnt appear in my account. Did contact with customer service over phone and I was told it will be sorted out within 2 days. Nothing was sorted out since 2 weeks from my call. Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

@Gondola wrote:

No. Read my answer. Streaming services will work. 

Sorry about that. Started on the sherry too early.

Happy Christmas.

Benny.

Message 2 of 11

No. Read my answer. Streaming services will work. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 11

@Gondola wrote:

Hi benny55 

TalkTalk TV Boosts are not supported on Future Fibre but the TV Box itself will continue to work. You'll still be able to stream TV services and if it's a Plus Box to record off-air TV programmes.

The new Netgem 4K TV Box is being trialled so that will be a future offer for TalkTalk TV initially for Future Fibre customers.

I see, so I'll lose all the 'players', Netflix etc. Not good. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi benny55 

TalkTalk TV Boosts are not supported on Future Fibre but the TV Box itself will continue to work. You'll still be able to stream TV services and if it's a Plus Box to record off-air TV programmes.

The new Netgem 4K TV Box is being trialled so that will be a future offer for TalkTalk TV initially for Future Fibre customers.

Message 5 of 11

@Gondola wrote:

Hi benny55 

No, you'll start a new contract unless otherwise notified i.e. if TalkTalk choose to upgrade you. If TalkTalk upgrade you to Future Fibre then TalkTalk have the option to leave your voice service on the existing metallic line as a temporary option or switch you to a Digital VoIP phone service and provide a Digital voice adapter for your 'phone to connect to the Wi-Fi Hub or eero router.

If you choose to switch to a Future Fibre service then you'll start a new contract. Note that the current Future Fibre offers are Data Only which means they are not offered with any voice service or TV option. In the future we'll see Future Fibre offered with Digital voice and a new 4K TV Box.

Hi Gondola.

Really appreciate your take on this, most insightful and helpful.

You see I’ve got an Openreach installation scheduled for the 29th December.

This all emanated from an unsolicited TT phone call back on Black Friday when I was ‘sold’ this package, FTTP 80/20 (replacing Fibre 65) and voice service. (Discount on the latter). I was lead to believe the new fibre line would cover data with the existing copper retained to support voice. I was told that nothing would change from my existing package other than the benefit of FTTP providing greater reliability and stability. In addition to the confusion over which A/C will take precedence going forward, from what you noted it looks as if I may lose some of my TV box functionality.

Benny.

I expected a seamless transition from my existing contract to this bright new world. Now I’m not so sure.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi benny55 

No, you'll start a new contract unless otherwise notified i.e. if TalkTalk choose to upgrade you. If TalkTalk upgrade you to Future Fibre then TalkTalk have the option to leave your voice service on the existing metallic line as a temporary option or switch you to a Digital VoIP phone service and provide a Digital voice adapter for your 'phone to connect to the Wi-Fi Hub or eero router.

If you choose to switch to a Future Fibre service then you'll start a new contract. Note that the current Future Fibre offers are Data Only which means they are not offered with any voice service or TV option. In the future we'll see Future Fibre offered with Digital voice and a new 4K TV Box.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@Gondola wrote:

Hi Xongi88 

You need to sign up for a Future Fibre MyAccount. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-My-Account-with-Future-Fibre/ta-p/2620617

Your current MyAccount will remain active for 12 months after upgrading to Future Fibre. But your new details will be in the new MyAccount. 

Sorry to muscle in on this thread.

I would like to know if the introduction of the ‘new Future Fibre’ customers My Account will result in the transfer of services, e.g. Land Line packages, from an existing live A/C to a single new account?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Xongi88 

The Future Fibre team will send you an email that will link you to the sign up process for your Future Fibre MyAccount.

0 Likes

Xongi88
First Timer
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Gondola,

I did check out this article and as it says ''When your services go live, you can sign up for a version of My Account that is exclusive to Future Fibre customers.'' But there is no option for sign up so how can I do that?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi Xongi88 

You need to sign up for a Future Fibre MyAccount. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-My-Account-with-Future-Fibre/ta-p/2620617

Your current MyAccount will remain active for 12 months after upgrading to Future Fibre. But your new details will be in the new MyAccount.