NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURCHASE EERO PRO 6

pinaldeni
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Good morning 

I have a future fibre Gfast 150 connection and was wondering if I can purchase or upgrade to the new Eero 6 that is being advertised. 

I cannot find any information on TalkTalk website on how to purchase the Eero kit. 

thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

I'll let the content team know that the G-fast description does not currently apply.  Entitlement may well apply in the future.

Current small print: Router entitlement

The TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Black is included with all Fibre 35 and 65 plans and Future Fibre 65 and is limited to one per household.

The award-winning Wi-Fi Hub is included with all Fibre 150 and Fibre 250 Ultrafast plans and is limited to one per household.

Amazon eero mesh router available on Future Fibre 150, 500 and 900 full fibre plans only. One eero included with Future Fibre 150 and 500, though supplementary eeros can be purchased by contacting TalkTalk.

The eero device is restricted use and can only be used on the TalkTalk broadband network and with TalkTalk eero enabled packages, otherwise they may be deactivated.

A compatible mobile phone is required to use the eero app and install your eero device and will be confirmed at point of sale. You will need to agree to Amazon eero Terms and Conditions and read their Privacy Policy.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 11

@Gondola it does therefore seem strange that this link

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/eero-Support-Articles/Setting-up-your-eero/ta-p/2760450

says this (my bold) 

1. REMOVE WI-FI HUB

Unplug the Ethernet cable and your Wi-Fi Hub from the gfast modem or Fibre connection box

0 Likes

Treble
Team Player
Message 3 of 11

Fair enough 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

The OP does not currently have an eero enabled broadband package. The OP has stated their package is G-Fast Fibre 150. This package is not currently eero enabled.

The OP can upgrade to an eero enabled package if FTTP-OR Fibre 150 full fibre or 500 or 900 full fibre is available and they'll have the ability to purchase extra eeros or the Total Home Wi-Fi add on and with any of those they'll get included an eero Secure subscription paid for by TalkTalk .

Or purchase direct from Amazon.

So, thanks for the opportunity to repeat the customer warning that a TalkTalk software branded eero i.e. one that's sourced from a third party and not direct from TalkTalk may be deactivated by TalkTalk. The warning does not apply to a second hand eero that's not TalkTalk branded.

The Amazon eero T&C's, that must be accepted, also state that at any time, eero may (i) suspend or terminate your rights to access or use the Services, or (ii) terminate this Agreement with respect to you, if eero in good faith believes that you wrongfully acquired an eero Device. 

Any additional eeros purchased through TalkTalk are not restricted in use and would not be deactivated.

Treble
Team Player
Message 5 of 11

Surely if your buying as talk talk customer as the op is then all should be good. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

As member Treble is aware, because we have discussed, some eero 6 devices are being sold by third parties as ex TalkTalk equipment. They are loaded with TalkTalk branded software.

TalkTalk small print headed Router entitlement says "The eero device is restricted use and can only be used on the TalkTalk broadband network and with TalkTalk eero enabled packages, otherwise they may be deactivated."

Caveat emptor. 

0 Likes

Treble
Team Player
Message 7 of 11

£72 on cex grade b or cash converters £65 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

@pinaldeni If you want to buy your own, then just go retail: https://eero.com/

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 11

G.fast 150 is not Future Fibre, it is a version of FTTC with the last part still over the phone line.

I believe only real Future Fibre customers are provided with an Eero

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi pinaldeni 

At present the eero 6 enabled packages are Future Fibre (full fibre via OpenReach FTTP-OR) Fibre 150, 500 and 900 full fibre. The eero Pro 6 is supplied with the Fibre 500 full fibre (1 unit) and Fibre 900 full fibre (2 units). Additional units as needed for whole home mesh networking coverage if Total Home Wi-Fi is added to your package.

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Setting up your eero

eero - Total Home Wi-Fi