NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Future Fibre installation Questions.

benny55
Whizz Kid
Message 59 of 59

Following a call from TT Future Fibre Team I have agreed to an upgrade from my current FTTC installation. My current package comprises LL and internet.

Am I correct in assuming the existing copper installation will remain (for now at least) and the new Future Fibre installation servicing the internet side of things.

Finally, I’ve noticed comments to the effect that the replacement router has only one ‘spare’ ethernet port. My current set us has one for my TV box and one for a booster, so unless the new router has a decent range I may have to invest in some additional gear.

Any help appreciated.  

0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 1 of 59

@ferguson wrote:

@benny55 I have re-escalated this once more, there is little else I can do I'm afraid. 

Really appreciate your efforts.

Message 2 of 59

@benny55 I have re-escalated this once more, there is little else I can do I'm afraid. 

Message 3 of 59

@ferguson wrote:

Other customers have reported a similar issue. I have re-escalated this for you, the support team will make sure that it is dealt with by the appropriate person. 

Do you know if this issue will be resolved any time soon? 

Reading between the lines on here it would appear that the Future Fibre services are currently provided FOC.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 59

@benny55, a recent similar billing case got batted back to "check this with the Future Fibre team", rather than being resolved by forum staff, I'm afraid!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 59

@ferguson wrote:

Other customers have reported a similar issue. I have re-escalated this for you, the support team will make sure that it is dealt with by the appropriate person. 

Thank you Ferguson. As usual you provide a beacon of comfort in the midst of all the confusion.

Message 6 of 59

benny55
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 59

Well I’m not sure if this should be a continuation of this post or logged on the ‘Billing’ section.

I’ve had FTTP installed on the 29th and now I’ve had my latest Bill which is simply a continuation of my previous service, Fibre 65 & LL. No mention is made of Future Fibre; in fact I’ve yet to receive confirmation of my new package which incidentally included a first month credit.

Bearing in mind this whole process started back in November, I can’t believe how chaotic this whole process appears to be.

Please don’t suggest I call the FF team. That’s like banging your head against a brick wall.

Message 8 of 59

see what did I tell you Kelly`s if they ever turn up turn them away. You wil have nothing but trouble I bet they get piled with more work than a normal Openreach guy so there work/quality will suffer. Its like the old days on Sky stuff compaired with a Sky worker. Then it carried on to all other subbies all over, thats why Sky took all the work of the subbies (AVC etc). Its not the actual workers fault he has so much, I bet to do!

benny55
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 59

Without any warning an actual Openreach engineer turned up today. So that was an encouraging start.

He diagnosed the issue as an ‘early day failure’ where the splice in the CSP had failed. Apparently this is not uncommon with Kelly installations.

So, for now at least, I have FF up and running,

Initial speed checks suggests the wired connections are approx. 10% faster (downloads), but WI-FI is considerably slower (up to 20%+) than the old FTTC, especially at a distance from the router (Sagecom Fast 5364).

Hopefully over time this will improve!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 59

Hi benny55

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Have you spoken with our Future Fibre Team again?

Message 11 of 59

@benny55 wrote:

Just to update. Having spoken to FF support and following tests at their end they have concluded that an Openreach (Kelly) visit is required.

Well the Openreach engineer failed to show as promised today and no notification/excuse for the 'no show'. Stayed in all day, what a waste.

So I’m still waiting for my Future Fibre to go live. What a shambles.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 59

@bigkenny wrote:

damaging to their reputation. your kidding this is TalkTalk, case of "The pot calling the kettle black"

Sorry, I don't get that?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 59

Thats spot on, I used to work for the big `K` doing there Sky work then cable tv work............from Trafford Park. Laugh or Cry

on every job!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 59

damaging to their reputation. your kidding this is TalkTalk, case of "The pot calling the kettle black"

ferguson
Community Star
Message 15 of 59

Sadly they are utterly beholden to Openreach as the custodians of the infrastructure.

Message 16 of 59

@ferguson wrote:

That is what happens when Openreach sub-contract to a bunch of cowboys, safe in the knowledge that any subsequent flak will be directed at the ISP.  😕

Does the ISP not have any input/influence in the matter? After all it’s damaging to their reputation.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 59

That is what happens when Openreach sub-contract to a bunch of cowboys, safe in the knowledge that any subsequent flak will be directed at the ISP.  😕

Message 18 of 59

@bigkenny wrote:

try and NOT get a Kellys guy otherwise it will never get fixed

I didn’t think there was a choice.

I have to say the quality of some of the installation could have been better. The cable from the pole is tethered to the roof timber and not the brickwork underneath. And the cable is then strapped to the downpipe to the point it enters the house.  Perhaps that’s standard practice today, I don’t know.

0 Likes

Scottish-Exile
First Timer
Message 19 of 59

Oh this does sound a tale of woe and my heart goes out to you. Came to this site as my current Broadband deal with Sky ends next month, and I've been contemplating investing in the Full Fibre option with Talk Talk.  However, reading this thread I'm starting to have my doubts.

Hope it all gets resolved for you.

On a separate note, I see with the Full Fibre if you take the TV option, which I would want, the new TV box does not record. Seems a backwards step from another property I have where I have Talk Talk and a recordable TV Box. 

You pay more and get less!

Message 20 of 59

try and NOT get a Kellys guy otherwise it will never get fixed