27-01-2022 04:10 PM - edited 27-01-2022 04:26 PM
I'm considering switching to the FF500 package from Virgin and I have some questions:
1. Is the £40/month price fixed for at least the next year, or is it due to increase in March? If so, what's the new price?
2. If there is an outage, will I have an 0800 number to call for support?
3. I'm assuming it's a dynamic IP address - how often does it change, on average?
4. What's the best way to switch so that I have no down time and not too much overlap with both services? Should I just go ahead and place the TalkTalk order and let them deal with Virgin, or should I cancel Virgin first, or what?
27-01-2022 07:59 PM - edited 27-01-2022 08:01 PM
@JimDeadlock you DO NOT switch, you order a new TT installation and cancel Virgin, they run on completely different infrastructure.
1. Offers will always be available, the TT rise for this April is 9.1% (Dec CPI + 3.7%)
2. No, TT uses 0345 numbers
3. Dynamic IP addresses on home contracts, no idea how often it changes on Future Fibre, my IP on Fibre 35 has not changed for 142 days. Fixed IP addresses are only offered on business deals.
4. You order from TT and cancel Virgin yourself.