NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions before joining (switching & technical)

skye_
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hello,

I am thinking of joining TalkTalk and have used the TalkTalk live chat but I am not satisfied with the help I got, as things still aren't clear to me, so I hope someone here can advise.

We are currently with Plusnet and after running the TalkTalk check to see what speed I could get I am offered the full fibre packages. However, we only have a copper line from the street to our house.  So how would full fibre work? I have been told that the street wouldn't have to be opened up. How exactly can I get full fibre?

Also, I have been informed on the chat that TalkTalk doesn't cancel with my current ISP for me. However, after I had ended the live chat, I found this on the TalkTalk website:

SWITCH IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS

Switching is free and hassle-free with TalkTalk.

STEP 1 - Choose the deal that best works for you

STEP 2 - We'll tell your current provider you're switching

STEP 3 - We'll take care of getting you connected

So I am really confused now. Can anyone help shed some light on the two things, please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi @skye_

If Full fibre is being offered that means the infrastructure is already in place to offer FTTP,

As for the switching steps , what package would you have picked? if it is a data only package your current provider may not receive the request to transfer the number which usually triggers the cancel order. 

0 Likes