NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatedly billed wrong amount each month

adium
First Timer
Message 21 of 21

Hello,

I'm writing this message on these forums as I've spoken to 5-6 customer service agents via phone over the past few months and I'm still being billed incorrectly.

I signed up for Future Fibre 500 at £35 per month, which was finally installed in September after many issues. When I click on the 'my package' section of my account, it clearly shows this as below:

Current monthly package cost (excl. boosts and extras):

£35.00

Free for 3 Months - Fibre 500 Data Only ends on 15 Dec 2022

Despite this however, I'm being billed £44.95 each month. Every customer service agent recognises the issue quickly and tells me that they're escalating it but nothing ever seems to change and bills keep coming through at the higher amount.

Can someone please look into this and fix my billing situation, while crediting me for previous months where I've paid over what I should have?

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi adium

The bill has been adjusted as agreed. 

Sorry this is still ongoing.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

I've just received my latest bill and it's still showing a charge of £44.95. Please can you credit the bill again, and chase when this issue will be resolved?

This issue is taking an awful lot of time, and I don't really want to have to chase a credit each month in the absence of a proper fix.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 21

Hi @adium

I haven't been given an update but if the issue isn't resolved,  we will ensure you pay the correct price by raising a credit once the bill is produced on the 25th. 

Its not ideal I agree. when your bill is produced let me know on this thread.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Sorry to chase again @Arne-TalkTalk - did the billing team get back to you yet and has the issue been resolved?

Another bill will be generated soon, so it would be good to not have to seek another credit and put this issue to rest.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21
0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

Sorry to chase again, but has this been resolved yet please? Good to hear that credits have been/will be issued, but it would be great to fix this at the source so that I can stop calling/messaging.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi @adium

There is still no update, but when your bill is produced a credit will be manually raised to correct the balance.

Sorry that this is still ongoing.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Do you have any further updates for me please?

My bill for 25 May-24 Jun has just been issued and does contain two £9.95 credits, but the 'charges in advance' section still shows £44.95 so I'm not convinced it's been fixed properly going forward?

Thanks,

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi @adium

Unfortunately there is no update, The root cause has been identified and a fault raised to fix it. 

Once I get an update I will let you know. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Has there been any update on this please? It's almost two weeks since you raised it with the billing team, and surely this is an easy one to fix?

Thanks,

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi @adium

Apologies my last reply was for another customer I was dealing with, and some how I linked it with your username. 

im still waiting for a response for your account but will chase them up today

Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 12 of 21

Thanks Gliwmaeden2 for escalating again,

The free months I've been given have never been an issue. Billing started at the correct time, and the February bill already had a catch-up sum included to account for Dec/Jan.

Your table shows the full price of my service (44.95) for which I'm being charged but that's irrelevant. I signed up to a deal that's £35 a month and haven't received anything since telling me my package has increased (I would certainly have cancelled immediately if it was raised 30%+).

I should be paying £35 per month, but I'm being billed £44.95 per month. This is incorrect and needs fixing immediately.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 21

@adium, Arne's reply suggests that Talktalk failed to start the billing immediately after the free months phase had expired. 

So the 3 free months would have started in Sept.

First actual bill should have been December.  January also missing. 

If they only started billing you in February, are they playing catch up?

However, you are right, that the current full price for your package is as listed below:

20220512_204458.jpg

The billing for FF seems to be generally rather confused at the moment.....

I'll re-escalate this for Arne to take another look at the maths, and the implementation of the deal.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 14 of 21

Hello Arne,

Have you seen my latest message? I'm a bit perplexed by your reply as this was never about the free months, which have never been in question.

The problem is that I'm being billed £44.95 per month for a service I agreed to pay £35 a month for, and despite multiple calls to customer service (who can see that I should be billed £35) my bills are still wrong.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi Arne,

This has nothing to do with the free months - I'm being billed £44.95 a month when it should be £35 a month...

Every one of the agents I've spoken to clearly identifies it as a billing problem and escalates it, but nothing seems to b

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi adium

The billing team have come back and advised the free months were used in Sept/Oct/Nov as the service went live 16/09/2021 and you were not billed until February. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Thanks Arne - hopefully this time the correction will stick!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi adium

Sorry for the problems that you have had.

I will ask our billing team to look into this,  The discount has not been applied, in the back end server. 

Once its completed I will post back. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 19 of 21

I'll escalate this for staff attention, @adium.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

adium
First Timer
Message 20 of 21

After reading other posts on this forum I have included my Talktalk a/c number in my profile - please send me a PM if you need any further information.