NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Router

Elephant
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've just had Future Fibre installed, and have now received the envelope to return my old router to you. I hadn't realised this was the case, and was intending to give it to my parents, also TT customers, as their old D-Link 3782 struggles a bit with the wifi coverage, video calls often breaking up for them, and as the Wifi Hub I was using covers pretty much the whole of our house, I thought this might be a better bet for them.

Is there any way I can pass this on, rather than return, at least to give it a try?

Many thanks,

E

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Elephant

If you create a new thread/topic on the Community for your parents then I can send out a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

If posting on behalf of your parents, perhaps start a new thread for them in the Broadband section, @Elephant.

Also,  take a look at the Ts&Cs in the link at the foot of the page. These days, Talktalk is demanding the return of pretty much everything, but these Ts&Cs are current. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Return the router that you had, @Elephant, as Talktalk finds it hard enough to keep track of these, and may charge you £50 if it's not returned. 

You would be better getting the situation with your parents' router assessed on here by staff and they will be able order a new one for them too, if it is needed.

Then their old router would also have to be returned. 

Keep a note of the tracker number and get a certificate of posting when sending back equipment in every case.

Your parents could add their details by joining the forum in their own right, or you could add their information in Private Notes in your own profile. 

For that, go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. Private Notes is at the end of that. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes