NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router orange light flashing

erica2
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

Can I have some help please. 
My router failed yesterday. Blinking orange light only. 
I have been through customer service and their conclusion was it is a wiring problem not the Router and they want to send out an engineer for £50. 
However my dad has the same router. Swapped over to that this morning and the router finds a connection normally and the solid white light comes on. 
So now I’m stuck. I believe my router is faulty. Talk talk don’t agree. 

1. can a talk talk rep help please. 

2. also, anyone give me the name of a cheap router I can buy in the mean time as my daughter is doing GCSEs. Really need internet back asap. Terrible timing. 

I tried an old talk talk router I had and no joy. So I assume I need a certain spec. 

thanks 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi erica2

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

The router was exchanged. All working fine. 

Message 3 of 11

OK, thanks for letting me know

Chris

Message 4 of 11

Hi Chris,

I did yes and that has been working fine.

I used the chat to contact talk talk customer service again on Saturday and they agree it's the router now but wouldn't send out a new router - they want to send out an engineer. The engineer is coming this morning so I am hoping they can fix or replace my faulty router.

I will update and fingers crossed close this post later.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi erica2,

How are you getting on, did you manage to get hold of another router?

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 11

Hi @erica2 if you purchase a TT supplied device no setup will be required.

HOWEVER, do make sure that the pull-out card on the back is present as that has the default WiFi password printed on it, the router log in details are on a sticker below that, you need to check that is there too.

Message 7 of 11

Thanks that’s really really helpful. 
just investigating a possible local eBay purchase of the same sagemcon TalkTalk  router. 
I presume I won’t need to make any changes to settings of that is successful? 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 11

You require a VDSL compatible combined modem/router.

Cheapest at Argos is this one although it is only single band WiFi and 100 Mbps LAN, but that will be not a limiting factor on Fibre 65

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5728882?clickSR=slp:term:vdsl%20modem%20router:1:8:1

You may need to customise some settings

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

0 Likes

erica2
Team Player
Message 9 of 11

Hi yes I have pressed the reset button probably 3 x. No joy. 

I have just renewed my contract from faster fibre to fibre 65 I think it’s called. Which is just a bit annoying. 

I also works from home and I really need a solution over the weekend as I have committed to extra work as well as my daughter having her exams. 
So if there is a reasonably priced alternative router I could buy today I would appreciate a model name. Don’t want to spend a fortune though…

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

@erica2 have you pressed and held in the recessed RESET button for 30 seconds ?

There is no staff support here at weekends and on Monday when they are back will be working through the backlog so please do not expect an instant reply.

As for a replacement, EXACTLY what service do you have from TT as that determines what you need to purchase if you go down that route.

0 Likes