NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload on new Fibre 150 connection

medwds
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

As a computer technician I'm familiar with various broadband problems and solutions, but am stuck in this particular case. One of my customers upgraded their TalkTalk broadband to Fibre 150 a few days ago, and while they're getting superb download speeds, upload has been consistently no more than around 0.8 Mbps. Fibre 150 is presumably FTTP, meaning they've got a brand new connection and Openreach modem, and I know they got a new router in the process. So I'm wondering where the fault might be, and what can be done. Multiple calls to TalkTalk have yielded various explanations but no solution.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thank you for your reply, but we no longer need help. You can read my Trustpilot review for an explanation.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 9

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 9

@medwds, use the camera icon or this to display a screenshot in your post;

20211217_211429.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thank you for your concern, @ferguson. The product must be Fibre 150 over G.fast because SamKnows says the exchange in question doesn't have FTTP. I didn't know G.fast was used in the UK, and wish to thank @martswain for bringing this to my attention.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

I've tried three times to reply, and each time it gets deleted instantly, though I can't see anything obviously spammy or otherwise prohibited in the text. So I'm going to resort to attaching it as an image.

Okay, maybe not — "The file type (.png) is not supported. Valid file types are: pdf, doc, ppt, docx, pptx, xlsx, psd, gz, zip, svg, .txt."

How strange — surely screenshots are one of the most likely things people would need to post. SVG and Photoshop formats are tempting but I think I'll settle for plain text — let's see if this uploads… No, it literally says "The file type (.txt) is not supported" and then goes on to list .txt as one of the valid types. I despair.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

That is probably why the spam filter intercepted it. Can you summarise the issue in a few lines, especially which product it is? This community is customer based, it will be impossible to advise other than in general terms if the user is not registered here directly. 

0 Likes

medwds
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 9

This is a test. I posted a detailed reply a few moments ago, but it was marked as spam. Luckily I've kept a copy because it took about an hour to write and edit!

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

@medwds  never presume, there are TWO Fibre 150 products.

One is g.fast FTTC over a phone line, the other full FTTP (Future Fibre)

Both require a standalone modem as TT modem/routers do not work with g.fast