NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Router FAST5364 3.00 Firmware update

srjohnston80
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 18

Hello, 

Would it be possible to check and see if I am on the latest firmware for my router?  My router is:

Hardware version: FAST5364 3.00

Software version: SG4K10002816t

GUI Version:  3.7.8

If I am not on the latest version, could I request an update please?

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

OK, just let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Thats ok.  I think I am happy to close this off.  It would have been nice to get the devices on my 192.168.2.x to talk to devices on my 192.168.1.x network.  But I think it is more a limitation of the sky app.  I think it only scans for devices connected to the network it is on.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi srjohnston80

Both routers are WIFI hubs, one is a Huawei and one is Sagemcom.

Unfortunately we will be unable to send you a Huawei hub.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Are there any differences between the two hubs?  What would the model be for it?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi srjohnston80

I was just checking if we could send you a Huawei WIFI hub, for Fibre 150 then we can only send out Sagemcom routers.

If you have Future Fibre then it would be worth contacting the team using Live Chat FUTURE FIBRE

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Hi Debbie, I removed my old telephone number and added the account number that I now have.  I now have a 150mb fibre line that is data only.  Hope that helps. 

0 Likes

srjohnston80
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 18

Definitely a known issue with SKY q as it uses its own wifi mesh that confitcs with other wifi mesh systems

Just wondering what if I connect my main sky Q wirelessly to the Eero router, the distance is too long for a network cable, but the Sky Q mini I have setup in the kitchen, I could connect it via a wired network cable to the eero box.  That in theory would mean I am not using the wifi Mesh to talk to the two boxes. 

Edit: Nope didnt work.  I moved my main sky q box on to my eero wifi, then connected the sky q mini box to the eero router via network cable and immediatly started having issues.

So it looks like I am going to need my talktalk router with a separate wifi SID for my sky q box, because I am only using it for 2.4ghz I have all my wifi plugs and lights running off it.  Then I have a separate wifi sid on my eero network for everything else.

It would just be nice to have my PC be able to talk to the sky q box, but I think that is a limitation of the sky Q app, only being able to scan for a box on the network it is on 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 18

Sky Q boxes are a pain, they are engineered to work best in a Sky mesh system alongside their Mini siblings. They transmit such a strong signal themselves so as to cause havoc in a non-Sky network. The resolution I found best was to connect to it by Ethernet and then disable the Sky Q box WiFi via the engineer settings, details of how do this are widely available from your favourite search engine. 

Message 9 of 18

Hi srjohnston80

The firmware rollout has been paused at the moment.

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 18

Fair enough, not having a Sky Q myself, I can only go on what other people tell me.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

srjohnston80
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 18

I had it setup for a while with a ethernet cable plugged into an eero, it stayed connected to the network, but had loads of problems downloading tv shows.  When I moved it to the wifi connection on the super router no further issues at all.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 18

If I remember, that bug affects not only Eero, but all other Mesh systems as well, where WiFi connected Sky Qs are concerned and not Ethernet connected ones. So if an Eero node is close enough, you just run an Ethernet cable from a spare LAN port on the Eero to the Sky Q box.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

srjohnston80
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 18

I think the Sky App that you can install is limited, it must only be able to scan for sky q boxes on its own network.  Even if you can talk to the sky box on a different IP range, it does not seem to be able to see it 

Its a shame they were never able to fix the bug with Eero and sky q.  The sky q wifi mesh conflicts with eeor's wifi mesh and sky q drops connection all the time.  It would be awesome to get it fixed, then I could do away with the talktalk rotuer and just use the two eero devices I have 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 14 of 18

Hi @srjohnston80 

@ferguson has asked me to help you.

If you have the Eero set up in bridge mode, then it must be on the same subnet as the main router & use only the DHCP server in the Sagemcom.

If you want the Eero to be on a different subnet then set the Eero to be in router mode and the Ethernet cable must go between a LAN port on the Sagemcom to a WAN port on the Eero. There will not be any need for static routes at all, as the 192.168.1.0 subnet from the Sagemcom is a directly connected network, as far as the Eero is concerned. This is just as well as there is a bug in the firmware of the Sagemcom with V2816 that prevents statics routes from being saved. This is fixed in V130, but the rollout of that version is currently on hold.

I know that the Eero is to some degree customised by TalkTalk, so this bit is guesswork. Any device connected to the Eero, should have IP connectivity with anything on the Sagemcom's LAN. However, the Eero will not be able to be managed from the app when on a device connected to the Sagemcom. This is because TalkTalk normally put a block on remote management of a router, when the connection comes into that router via its WAN port. This is the bit I am guessing about, as I do not have an Eero.

Keith

ferguson
Community Star
Message 15 of 18

OK, thanks, we have an expert here who might be able to help with this, could you oblige please @KeithFrench?

srjohnston80
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 18

Thats good to know cheers.  I was trying to add a static route into the router,  it would say it added the route between the two local networks, but it disappears after it is save. 

I have the router setup as my main router, to allow my sky q box and sky q min box to connect to the internet properly.  It has it's own wifi network SID, I am using 2.4ghz only as I have a load of plugs and lights enabled with alexa.  Also Sky Q only works with 2.4ghz.  It sits on a IP range of 192.168.1.x

I was beta testing Amazon eero for talktalk.  I now have it setup as a secondary wifi network with a network cable running from my main eero box to the router.  I have a different WIFI name setup on it, at the minute I have the eero in bridge mode, but not all functionality is available. 

I would like to set it up on its own 192.168.2.x network, but I want my PC to be able to talk to the sky q box as I have the Sky Q app and it would save me from getting another sky q mini box.  I was trying to work out the best way of setting up a static route, I tried it on the talktalk router, but it would not work.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

That is the latest version, albeit subject to some glitches. Unfortunately a more recent version has been suspended from rollout as that too has proved to have unexpected problems.

Are there any particular issues you are encountering with your Hub?