NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT Fttp to Talk Talk Fttp - Requiring Engineers visit

S222WHT
Participant
Message 14 of 14

Hi All, 

Recently I have swapped to talk talk from BT, my service has ended with BT and the openreach engineer will be coming on Friday to connect me to the new network. This was the Thursday but they had to re arrange so I am now without Internet for a couple of days.

Just wondering why is it required for an engineer to visit when all the openreach Fttp equipment ONT etc  has already been Installed (new build house) I just thought it would be a simple procedure of just a switch of provider?

Any help would be appreciated as I'd rather not have to wait at home all day Friday for them to say everything is already ready for it to be switched. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi S222WHT,

OK thanks for the information (unfortunately I don't have access to the systems to check this).

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Just an update,

Have spoken to talk talk for the sixth time and there are some underlying issues with open reach yet again which need sorting which apparently they have applied for to be changed. Same situation as Saturday /Sunday. If you could double check to make sure whatever submitted to openreach is correct as matches their systems that would be great. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Chris,

All the lights are on apart from the Los light. Have switched the routers from my old one to the new ones and it makes no difference as I suspected. 

Each advisor I talk to has a different answer and they think the router / ethernet could be to blame when I know for a fact whatever the issue with lies with either yourselves or openreach as the switch of household with BT was seamless. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Sorry to hear that, could I just ask which lights are on on your ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Chris,

Nope still don't have any service. Keep on getting false promises and now it's the fourth day without service. Was pretty much promised that whatever issue would be sorted this morning and I stressed the importance of it to be needing to work due to my other half working from home and still no luck. Will be chasing up yet again but if there is anything you can do that would be great. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi S222WHT,

How are you getting on, do you now have service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

if you read this TT forum you will see this is the `norm

0 Likes

S222WHT
Participant
Message 8 of 14

*UPDATE*

So after calling various people at talk talk each with a different answers I'm still without Internet even though the line has been activated. Here's the responses I got from three different employees.

"I can't activate the line as its done in a back office somewhere and might take a couple of days" 

"I can activate the line so the Internet should work, I don't know why its not working as it should work straight away" 

"I can see the line is activated but this can take up until 7pm on the day call back tomorrow if its not sorted"

Absolutely clueless. If you're thinking about switching do yourself a favour and don't bother. 

S222WHT
Participant
Message 9 of 14

Update 6-05-22 =

Openreach came to the property and low and behold nothing needed doing as I suspected.

What's concerning is that talk talk have not even activated my service so openreach couldn't even check to see if the Internet would work which is ridiculous but there side was working . How can they know if its working when talk talk haven't even activated the line surely this should of been done prior to the visit and not after makes  no sense what so ever.

So now I am in limbo for whenever talk talk gets its act together to activate the line. Seems to me this company has no idea about the infrastructure as I have asked numerous times if I could be activated remotely as this was done previously by BT. Regret switching already. 

0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 10 of 14

I think with most people they appreciate an Openreach might have to attend and they might like the fact this is so. What gets a customer mad is when a date and time slot is arranged and they don’t show up only to get a text late in the day (install day) they have done the fix there end and they don’t need to enter the house.

Are all jobs signed off as complete by the customer? And not a `cat’s paw print`

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hello,

I'd recommend contacting the Future Fibre Team just so they can confirm this for you. The team are available from 9am today on Live Chat.

Thanks

0 Likes

SanjayT
Participant
Message 12 of 14

I am switching from BT to TalkTalk and placed an order earlier this week. I called TalkTalk today and explained I already had an ONT installed and the connection needs to migrate from BT to TalkTalk. They have cancelled the engineer visit and said a visit would not be needed as I already have the equipment. I'm a bit confused now, will an engineer be required after all?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hello,

There isn't currently a industry migration process for FTTP, as such and unlike other broadband it won't switch provider in a matter of moments. FTTP also requires physical connections to be made, all that said, the fact you already have an ONT and connection already set up, it's possible that the engineer won't complete any additional work at the property but will make the connection externally and notify once complete and check everything is working ok. It's possible that this may change in the future but at the moment all FTTP activations will require an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks