NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT to TalkTalk - help needed

SanjayT
Participant
Message 24 of 24

Hello, 

I am currently attempting to switch from BT to TalkTalk - it isn't going well. There generally seems to be a lot of confusion from TalkTalk about switching customers from one service to another. 

I called yesterday and the chap I spoke to said I would not need an engineer visit (as we already have an ONT) and that my Eeros should be sent out today. My current contract with BT finishes on 13th June and I recieved an automated email from them saying they have received notice that another provider (TalkTalk) is taking over the broadband connection on the 13th June.

Having read another post on here where they said they did need an engineer visit to transfer the broadband to TalkTalk, I called the Future Fibre team again today. They now said they have no record of the order at all.  

I am just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this process or help at all. We have had an FTTP connection for a few years now and this would be our 3rd switch to a new provider. All other switches have been done remotely and the process has been smooth and really simple. I am increasingly concerned that TalkTalk does not have the systems and procedures in place to switch me successfully. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 2 of 24

Thank you Arne, I have now received an email confirming the order has been cancelled too. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

@SanjayT I have confirmed with our provisioning team the order has been cancelled 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 24

My bad, I do apologise. It was the other person who is posting on similar lines. Sorry. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hello freguson, this is my own topic: this has been going on for a while now! 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 24

@SanjayT If you would like the support team to look into this please follow up on your own topic. 

0 Likes

SanjayT
Participant
Message 7 of 24

Totally agree. It is worrying that, as consumers, we are entitled to cancel if the service has not been provided and in my case, I cancelled within the 14-day cooling-off period. I am going to call the Future Fibre team tomorrow to see if I can get an email confirming the service is cancelled, I will let you know how I get on. 

Message 8 of 24

Hi mate,

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they will try and charge me but haven't received any bills as of yet.

The level of incompetence is on another level never had this bad customer service in all my life. My account still has a go live date for the end of April and that my contract expires in 18months time.

How hard in this day and age is it to cancel a contract.

So glad I made the switch back to BT they have been really good and when they said it should work, hey presto it did. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Have they ever attempted to charge you for anything? I've never known anything like this!

0 Likes

S222WHT
Participant
Message 10 of 24

I too would like confirmation of cancellation as I cancelled over two weeks ago and have still not received any confirmation. 

This company is honestly a shambles and ended up leaving me without Internet for three weeks. Pathetic excuse of a company. 

0 Likes

SanjayT
Participant
Message 11 of 24

Hello again, 

Despite my numerous requests to cancel (and confirmation from TalkTalk that the cancellation has happened), I have just had an email confirming my go live date and engineer appointment (13th June).

What on earth is going on? Has my order actually been cancelled? Are you going to charge me for a service I have already been told on numerous occasions has been cancelled?  I am concerned most about the attempt to charge me for a service I do not have, with a direct debit which has already been cancelled. I would like some sort of written confirmation that this will not take place. Very unhappy and concerned about this now. 

Message 12 of 24

Hi SanjayT

The order has been cancelled as requested.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

SanjayT
Participant
Message 14 of 24

Hello,

My new provider, Cuckoo, cannot take over our line because Talktalk still have their order pending with Openreach. This needs to be cancelled on your end before anyone else can take over our connection. So despite you saying our order has been cancelled, this has not been completed properly. To be clear, you need to cancel this with Openreach too. Are you able to do this?

Placing that order with TalkTalk has been the worst experience I have ever had of ordering anything - ever. I'm shocked with the degree of ineptitude I've experienced and this is clearly a wide spread issue from the number of similar posts on this forum. The TalkTalk staff supporting these forums, in addition to those on the Future Fibre customer service teams, must be inundated with problems like this: potential customers who's orders have not worked properly and are now spending their time correcting the errors. You need to stop providing the Fttp service until you have a clear understanding of the product and have systems and procedures in place to run and manage it correctly. 

SanjayT
Participant
Message 16 of 24

Thanks for confirming this. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24
0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply, I have added the order reference to my profile. To clarify, I now just want to confirm this order is now cancelled. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi SanjayT

Sorry that you are having problems.  

Do you have a order reference, if so can you add it to your community profile and I can see what I can find. 

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Thanks for that. I have just spoken to them again to try and cancel the order. They said it has failed 'to progress' so it cannot be cancelled but it **might** still progress at some point! It is all pretty poor stuff. I am concerned as I have nothing in writing to say it is cancelled, they have set up a direct debit and BT are currently stopping our service on the 13th June. I am on hold with BT now hoping to tell them not to cancel the service. 

0 Likes