NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They mucked it up, I've been downgraded!

MWils
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

So I've been on fibre 500 quite happily for the past 5 weeks.

Two weeks ago I started getting messages from openreach saying they were coming to upgrade me. I ignored the error. Then yesterday a chap phoned up asking if I would be in for the installation. I told him I had been done and he agreed to cancel it.

So this morning a chap from Kelly's (openreach) turned up and it was the same chap who installed my fibre 5 weeks ago.... I thought easy, he'll just disappear but he became insistent that he wanted to swap over my ONT. I told him I was going out so he disappeared.

A couple of hours later he phoned back, saying that my initial ONT was part of a dodgy batch, would only last 6 months and needed to be replaced. Complete BS I'm sure, he just wanted payment for another installation, but as I was at home I let him swap them over.

After he'd left I checked my speed and I'm down to 70! After 3 hours trying to get through to Talk Talk it materialises that a fictitious order for fibre 65 had been generated by mistake and now I'm stuck with this until Talk Talk sort it out. The managers not back until Tuesday I was told!

So Talk Talk, how have you managed to downgrade me like this? And then can't immediately remedy? And even worse you've got lying, money grabbing engineers giving customers BS so they can get into their homes....... Disgraceful behaviour, I should really take this further.....

Let's hope there's no more *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* ups getting me back on Fibre 500

Beware everyone!

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi MWils

Apologies for this.

Have you tried contacting the team using the Chat now button at the bottom of this help page?

FUTURE FIBRE

0 Likes

MWils
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 8

Update...... So I eventually got through to the correct future fibre team who were excellent.

Talk talk, please sort out your phone menus. If it says "for future fibre press 1" then I'll press 1. It now transpires that this is the sales team and these were the people who kept me on hold and who kept hanging up on me. Surely there needs to be a bit of communication here so that the sales team can transfer a call over to the Future fibre team. Also sort the phone menus out!

Would I recommend talk talk..... On the basis of the sales team hanging up and being completely unhelpful, definitely not.

But then there's the other side of the coin, which is the future fibre team, who were extremely helpful and promised to phone back and check up if things are working ok.

The upshot is that an openreach engineer came round this morning and put another ONT on the wall and now I'm up to 500 again. This chap was infinitely more knowledgeable and understanding than the Kelly's chap btw.

So I have my speed back up but I'm still expecting to have to spend hours on the phone trying to sort my bill which ,I've been warned by both the engineer and the FF team, may well be wrong. 

To complicate matters even more, the openreach engineer had an address in Cornwall on his notes for my job this morning. I'm NE of London!

The saga continues...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Have you also tried the Future Fibre Live Chat team?

Thanks

0 Likes

MWils
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 8

This is getting ridiculous, I have been on the phone for the past 2 hours now trying to get the situation resolved and keep getting passed from person to person. The last person kept putting me on hold and going away for help, but he eventually just hung up on me. He wanted to cancel my Fibre 65 order in the hope that my 500 would come back, however that 500 is linked to the ONT the engineer has taken away, thus I would be left without any internet. 

STEER WELL CLEAR OF TALK TALK PEOPLE, THIS HAS TAKEN 6 HOURS OF MY TIME SO FAR AND I'M NO WHERE NEARER TO RESOLVING A PROBLEM THAT IS THEIR MAKING

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi MWils,

There's contact information for the future fibre team here - Future Fibre

Chris

0 Likes

MWils
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 8

Hello, thanks for your reply. I think it was the FF team i talked to, I was told the manager who was needed to deal with this would be back on tuesday. I waited to see if the situation would self remedy yesterday but as nothing has changed I am currently on hold, being passed from department to department. Can you give me the correct FF phone number please.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you been in contact directly with the Future Fibre Team?

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes