NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted upgrade - ongoing issues

sisterimapoet
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

I posted about this here a couple of weeks ago - but my issue is still not fully resolved.

In December I was contacted out of the blue by TalkTalk to say they had booked me an appointment to upgrade to Full Fibre. I did not ask for this upgrade nor want it. I rang TalkTalk and cancelled the appointment – but a few days later a router arrived in the post. I was not asked to return the router at that time.

A few weeks ago I received another email booking an appointment for a fibre installation. I asked on this forum for the appointment to be cancelled and a representative responded and assured me it had been. However I continued to receive communications from City Fibre about the upcoming installation. Eventually I rang TalkTalk and managed to cancel the appointment.

Today I have received a returns bag, label and letter asking me to return the router. I no longer have the router as I got rid of it after I cancelled the original appointment in December and was not asked at that time to return it.

Please assure me that I will not be charged for not returning a piece of equipment that I never asked for in the first place. I'm tired of endlessly trying to resolve issues relating to a service that I did not ask for.

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I have now resolved this issue with the TalkTalk team.  No further help needed.

0 Likes

Sam12345
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

I have had the same on going battle for months and wasted many hours on the phone, email and chat with Talk Talk, I have now put a complaint in and no one has even bothered to contact me.

1st time I said I did not want it unless someone could explain what Talk Talk was getting out of it.

2nd time I phone to talk to a person, I agreed to it, took a day off work and the engineer did not turn up, no one notified me and I sat waiting for hours until I phoned and they said it was change to another day. I cancelled it.

3rd time on text I said no, they sent me a package anyway, I complained* and they emailed me asking for my details (common fraud tactic), I would not provide and so they kept emailing. I was so sick of the poor service and harassment I call to cancel my subscription, the person I phone offered a deal so I said yes.

I phone back to follow up my complaint and was told Talk talk do not have a complaint department, I had to phone 3 more times spend hour on the phone, I cancelled the upgrade because 'why would I stay with a company with such bad customer service and cannot respond to a simple complaint'.

I then received a message saying someone will phone me at a specific time, no one did, I had about 3-4 of these messages and each time I had to take time out of work waiting for the call and no one did.

I received a message saying the complaint would be dropped unless I contact talktalk, I went on Chat twice and both times they did not know how to help or who to speak to.

I have just received another text saying my upgrade is on its way! How many ways do I have to say no and how much of my time do I need to waste tell talktalk.

This would have been a simple phone call to explain and I would have agreed, instead it has been months of wasted time and now I will advise everyone I know not to use talktalk because of this terrible customer service.

*I did get two missed calls from an unknown number while I was at work, I do not and cannot answer my phone at work to unknow numbers due to my profession, I was later told by this was probably the complaints manager, I was made to feel like it was my fault for not answering the phone that the complaint was not dealt with.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5