NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Full Fibre Line, How to Contact Talk Talk About Installation

TheCatInTheSky
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

We have just been visited by Openreach, they have told us that there is new full fibre line available for us across the road.

We were contact by phone last year, at the time we weren't too sure the call was genuine, they discussed that there had been work in our area and that there was a line faster line available for free if we so wished. We were busy and the TalkTalk rep said they'd ring back, however they never did.

Is there a way to contact TalkTalk about this 'free' Full Fibre line upgrade? is it possible to do this without having to ring? I'm hard of hearing, and would prefer email or web chat, however the latter (web chat) seems to have disappeared from TalkTalk's website and I can't seem to find a way to email TalkTalk Customer Servies.

Thanks for any help,

Jay.

8 REPLIES 8

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 9

Hi Jay - just to advise caution - they may try to sign you up to a new contract term as happened to me.

If you're close to the end of your contract you can choose lots of other services. I was annoyed by the multiple emails/texts/calls/home-visits I got about my "free upgrade" as I had removed consent to marketing. Based on a customer service rep on this board saying that my contract length shouldn't change and that this is a free upgrade, I called the number only to get a whole sales pitch and an offer to sign up to a new 18 or 24 month contract. I'm happy with my current speeds so feel no need to sign up to fibre

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Morning,

How are you getting on? Did you try a different browser?

Thanks

0 Likes

TheCatInTheSky
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 9

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 16-58-23 Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP TalkTalk.png

I'm going to try another browser - Firefox doesn't seem to display the button.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

@Nichols, the customer is specifically enquiring about the availability of Future Fibre, i.e. FTTP, which most definitely requires an engineer visit.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

How are you getting on? Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Oh, OK. I can't see a phone number. Do you not see this?

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 18.06.14.png

If not, make sure ad and pop up blockers are disabled, or try a different browser. They are closed now anyway.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

There is no Chat link on that page, there is just a telephone number and details about Future Fibre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and contact the Future Fibre team via the Chat link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre#

0 Likes