NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Deco Mesh with Future Fibre 900

K18LDP
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello

I'm looking to move to TalkTalk Future Fibre 900 (City Fibre) from NOW Broadband.

I currently use a Deco Mesh system for the wifi network with 5 access points across the house. The first access point is hard wired (ethernet) into the NOW Bb modem/router.

The system works fine and I have good internet access across my house.

My question is that if I move to TT Future Fibre 900 will I be able to connect me Deco Mesh system directly to the ONT and use this in the same way I am now (but obviously using TT as my ISP instead of NOW)

I can see that the TT contract comes with an EERO system but I'd rather not use that as I would then have to purchase further EERO nodes to mirror the set up I have now.

Tried to speak to someone at TT over the phone and they were pretty clueless 🙂

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

speedygonzalez
Problem Solver
Message 1 of 3

@K18LDP 

Assuming your DECO system has routing capabilites:

You should be able to plug the Ethernet cable from the ONT into your WAN port of the DECO router.  

You need set on the DECO admin app, the WAN connection as  DYNAMIC IP (IPOE or DHCP) .

The simplicity of the WAN  IP being provided  via DHCP,  means you can plug in any router that has an ethernet WAN port. 

I would suggest a reboot of of the  router, once the ONT has been activated and all 4 light are green on the ONT. The DECO should then pick up the WAN IP and DNS Settings from the ONT,  other than that nothing more to do. 

if not as @ferguson has stated, you would need a Router such as the TalkTalk supplied EERO to sit between the ONT and DECO kit. 

MESH ROUTER

ONT <—-> MESH ROUTER <~~> WIFI MESH POINTS

MESH Access Points

ONT <—> Router <—> MESH Wired Access Point <~~> WIFI MESH Access Point(s)

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Which TalkTalk router do you have? If it is one of the recent Hubs then you should be able to connect that from the WAN port to the ONT and carry on with your existing setup, although you may need to change some settings. I don't think an access point will do it unless it has full router capabilities. 

0 Likes