NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP - phone line says 'Device Not Registered' - Just me?

themanc
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Sun 13th May we noticed we could not receive or make phone calls via our VOIP setup despite it working for the last 4 months

After 4 phone calls to TalkTalk and a new router sent we still get the 'Device Not Registered' message when trying to call out.

I have been promised a call back from the Operations team to try and resolve it, but I am wondering if I am alone with this issue or if its more frequent than talktalk make out.

I even tried another phone plugged in, same issue

Incidentally if I try to even call my home phone now I get a message saying I have dialled an incorrect number

My fear is that somehow my phone line has been removed and I might lose the number I have had for 17 years. Its rarely used, but its there as an emergency contact for parents etc to ring us who dont like ringing mobiles

Alternatively, if anyone can provide any solutions to try I am all ears.

Tried the reset stuff etc. I can't test the wall port for the old copper line as naturally its been disable since I went to VOIP

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

OK thanks. I can't think of anything else that we can try but I've taken a look at your account and it looks as though the callback is booked for tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll be able to help further then.

Chris

0 Likes

themanc
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 10

apparently can take up to 5 days. I had to speak to complaints team as I don't find that acceptable. He is going to try and escalate internally to speed it up.

I have been reading online about the DEVICE NOT REGISTERED message I keep going and seem to think this might be the advice:-

It reads:-

Your phone adapter will say "Device Not Registered" if it is unable to contact our network to properly register with your account. The most common cause for this occurring is that your phone adapter is set up behind a router that hasn't been properly configured.

Whether that helps in any way I have no idea, sounds like it is an issue at talktalk end

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK thanks for trying. When did the Operations team say that they will call you back?

Chris

0 Likes

themanc
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 10

tried it previously, but tried again today. No change whatsoever

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Have you also tried powering the ONT down for 30 minutes?

Chris

0 Likes

themanc
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

tried that for 30 minutes - Nothing, no difference whatsoever.

I honestly think that somehow the copper line has been disconnected as expected and TalkTalk have missed a step to keep my number on VOIP and I fear I now have lost the number forever

Trying to call the number says its no longer registered

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi themanc,

Could you try switching the router and digital voice adapter off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest

Chris

0 Likes

themanc
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Yup,

was working find for 4 months.

The brilliant idea by the support team was to send me a new WiFi Hub2. Plugged the phone line directly into that instead as directed and absolutely no difference

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you using an eero and the digital voice adapter or the Wifi Hub?

Thanks

0 Likes