NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice calls with Future Fibre

Eastfield
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

It is not clear from your website how voice calls are charged for when connected to Future Fibre (150). I understand that my Panasonic answerphone can connect via the Grandstream HT801 digital voice adaptor to the eero router and users report this works fine. But at the moment on Fibre 65 and a landline I pay £16 per month for Anytime calls.. Does that end with FF or is it replaced by some other charging system? Doesn't DVA connect via a VOIP provider? What does that cost?

Eastfield
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Eastfield 

The offer of Future Fibre as Fibre 65 with Digital Voice would be the offer of a free upgrade at the same price and terms as your current contract. i.e. exactly as it says in the latest help content and video.  You'd need to ask the Future Fibre team if you can be upgraded to Fibre 150 with the eero 6 and with Digital Voice. I've seen others on that package.

Fibre 150 Data only (no voice service) is £32/m to new customers as the reference point on pricing.

With Fibre 65 full fibre you're going to get near on the top speed of 75/80Mbps and 20Mbps upload compared to 150Mbps and 30Mbps download for Fibre 150 full fibre.

When does your current contract end? Perhaps it would be worth going for the free upgrade to get it all installed and then on contract renewal ask for an upgrade to Fibre 150 to benefit from the eero 6 router and the slightly higher speeds. But just ask is my advice.  I'm only a Community volunteer so I cannot ask for you only point you to the best place to get the answer.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Eastfield
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Gondola, after switching to Firefox from Edge I found the chat link/button. I spent over 30 mins on a chat (to a "bot"?) and ended up with them/it offering me Fibre65 upgrade with voice which is exactly what I already have!. What a waste of time. So I called the 0345 number and after a few minutes was connected to a real person who told me he couldn't help but would transfer me to someone who could. After a few minutes someone answered and said he needed to speak to someone who was in a meeting until about 2pm and would get them to call me back then.

It is now 15:40 and no call. All I wanted to know was can I get to my house Future Fibre 150 with Digital Voice and at what cost. Also how to order this upgrade. Does anyone in Talktalk want my business? Does anyone care? Can you get an answer for me?

Eastfield
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Eastfield 

There's a new help article specifically about being offered a free upgrade to Future Fibre with Digital Voice. The video does indicate that your calling Boost would remain in place. Hopefully that now fully answers your question.

Future Fibre Help

Future Fibre - Installation

Future Fibre - Set up your Wi-Fi Hub 2

Future Fibre - with Digital Voice watch the video from 1m:07secs for confirmation that Boosts remain exactly the same if TalkTalk has offered to upgrade you to full fibre free of charge

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Eastfield 

Very good questions.

The call charges are, at present, exactly the same for all customers using a voice calls service whether made via landline or via the TalkTalk Digital Voice (VoIP) service.  Voice services, both landline and VoIP, for TalkTalk are provided via the same vendor. 

You'll find that BT, as a comparison, also don't have differential charging and call costs are the same whether Digital Voice or standard landline.

UK Call charges

You can opt to get a new VoIP number from a third party supplier and make outgoing calls at a significant saving. But still keep your existing number with TalkTalk for incoming calls. There's no add-on charge for TalkTalk's Digital Voice service.

As for the UK Calls Boost. I don't know the answer to that as I have a full fibre service without any voice service so our Future Fibre MyAccount doesn't show anything to me about voice service options. I think that's something you'll need to ask the Future Fibre team on Monday.

The Future Fibre Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and LiveChat with the Future Fibre Team.

To speak to the Future Fibre team about an order start a LiveChat here:

Future Fibre LiveChat

Future Fibre Support Hub

TIP - Scroll down the Future Fibre Support Hub page to GET IN TOUCH. if you don't see a blue Chat now button then pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers or similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

Calls to the Future Fibre team on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate or included in your UK mobile allowance.

0 Likes