NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with the Future Fibre rollout?

LukeStaunton
Participant
Message 9 of 9

It is becoming clear from posts in these forums and elsewhere that there is something amiss with the move to Future Fibre/FTTP. I only wish I had done more research before 'upgrading'...

Some background:

- My existing Fibre 65 plan was due to expire, one of the upgrades available to me was FF 150 with Eero 6 router. It was only marginally more expensive than my current plan, so I decided to go with it.

I received an initial confirmation 'Welcome to Future Fibre' email, plus an email about the Eero app, the former just contained my address details and length of contract but no other contract information or documents. The only other communications I have received are text messages to arrange the modem install.

- The first sign something was wrong was when I found a package under a bush in my garden which turned out to contain the Eero router. I had not received any tracking info or dispatch notification.

- The OpenReach engineers arrived on the arranged date and quickly installed the new modem and activated the connection, my Fibre 65 connection ceased working shortly afterwards.

As I was now without an internet connection and had not been provided a go-live date for the FF 150, I contacted TalkTalk support who after much deliberation simply told me to wait 24-48 hours. That time has elapsed and I am still without a connection.

- The TalkTalk account site/dashboard has been updated and currently shows my FF 150 order as in progress with the router due to arrive today, but also logging that the engineers installed the modem on the 30th May...

Additionally, the package is listed as 18 months but the expiry date for my Fibre 65 contract (31/05/2022), this despite the contract being for 24 months. Furthermore, the price is ~£7 pcm more expensive than what was stated when signing-up to FF 150. But because I did not receive any contract details or proper confirmation email there is no record of this.

Finally, there is an undefined fault logged on my account which is still in progress. So, to conclude:

• I am being charged more than the plan I signed-up for, and for a different period of time. 
  • Throughout the process the only accurate communication I received was to arrange an engineer appointment
  • I am 2 days past my go-live date, the new modem is installed and router is delivered, but the order is showing as pending.
  • I am unable to connect the Eero router to the internet despite the modem displaying a connection and no LOS
  • I am now running off my mobile data hotspot which is not ideal and could be costly depending on how long I am without connection

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

there is a BT fault reference we have as we have access to their fault system for any updates, just ask here and we can get any info you require.

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 9

Hi there Karl, thanks for investigating this further. Is there a case/ticket number I should be aware of for following up? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Luke

Tests are failing and detecting a possible configuration issue.  I've logged this over to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

I did suspect that, unfortunately the only device I have with an ethernet port is an Xbox... Which involved moving both it and the TV to another room next to the ONT, without any luck unfortunately ('Can't connect to your DHCP server').

I also connected the Sagemcom WiFi Hub direct to the ONT and it displayed the blinking white & orange light attempting to connect to the internet.

Message 5 of 9

Hi

If you have another device you can connect to the ONT to see if there is a connection, that would be great.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

I think what Michelle was getting at was whether you have any device e.g. laptop that you can connect directly to the ONT via ethernet cable, bypassing the eero,  to see if it works that way. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi there Michelle, thanks for looking into this.

The Eero is connected directly to the ONT with an ethernet cable. I was previously using the Sagemcom WiFi hub, that's correct.

The modem is displaying:

Power: Solid Green Light

LOS: No Light
PON: Solid Green Light

LAN: Solid Green/Blink when Eero communicating

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have internet if you connect directly at the ONT? Were you previously using the Sagemcom Wifi hub?

Thanks

0 Likes