Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ANYONE KNOW THIS?

4 REPLIES 4
Patricia55
Wizz Kid

Silly question, perhaps, but my excuse is being a newbie here.....

Can anyone tell me what the yellow dot, plus the ticked green corner on users' posts means?

Some have just a dot, others just a ticked corner, and some have both.

I'm just browsing around all over the place here, trying to familiarise myself, and my curiosity won't be satisfied until I know about these quirky little things.

Happy new year to everyone who reads this!!

TT Dot&Tick.jpg

I've learnt a lot about TT since joining the forum on 30/12/18..........I say no more.
Gondola
Community Star

Hello again Patricia

The yellow dot means that the topic has been logged as not yet viewed / actively participated in by you.

The green triangled tick indicates that a post within the topic has been marked with a Best Answer.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Patricia55
Wizz Kid

Wow!! That was quick!!

Hello again, Gondola, and thanks for enlightening me.

Okay, now I need to ask another question (or two).....

• So, am I the only one who'll see that yellow dot on the relative posts? Excluding others who also haven't read it.

• Where on anyone's post(s) would I see the "Best Answer" button to click on? For instance, I can see it at the bottom of your post (which I'll click), but it doesn't seem to show on many posts.

Finally, I bookmarked a couple of things yesterday, but I've no idea where to find the bookmark itself. I have a bookmark bar at the top of my screen when I'm using Google, so is there something similar for here?

Sorry to ask so many questions, and I appreciate your help a lot. No need to get back until you have nothing better to do. Thanks, again...P

I've learnt a lot about TT since joining the forum on 30/12/18..........I say no more.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Patricia

The yellow dot is to help you when you're logged in to identify topics where you haven't actively clicked on a post to participate in that topic.  The indicator is personal to your activity.

The Best Answer button (not the one in my signature bar - if you click that you will get an explanation of what Best Answers are) the real one is at the bottom right of posts, to the left of the Reply button, only on posts that are current replies to topics that you have started. i.e. you post a question, you get several replies and if you think that a reply that's helpful to you will be just as helpful to others then click the Best Answer button.

Bookmarks are in your Community Profile under the Subscriptions Tab. My Bookmarks (Click here) and scoll down to see current Bookmarks.

Your Avatar > My Settings > My Subscriptions > My Bookmarks

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Patricia55
Wizz Kid

Brilliant!!

Well, I'll have lots of fun trying things out again tomorrow, now that you've headucated me.

I've just finished chatting to The Horned One, who is also very helpful and has a great sense of humour, so I feel lucky to have met some good people here.

Signing out, and thanks again.