would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Guest WiFi / Bridged / modem mode

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

I've had a quick look but every answer appears to be unclear

Just had wifi setup with the new talk talk hub.

I've not seen anything on setting up a guest wifi, every thread i've looked at states it isn't supported.

So what can I do for a work around. Can i use the hub as just a modem and connect a router that does support guest wifi? While i'm fairly technical and understand a fair amount of networking concepts, in practice i'm very inexperienced

Highlighted
Community Star

Which WiFi hub do you have, Sagemcom or Huawei? The latter supports guest wifi, but not the Sagemcom.

No TalkTalk router supports modem mode, but you can still use it as the initial modem/router connected to the broadband, with a 3rd party router in bridge mode. However, if you do want to purchase a 3rd party router, it is much simpler to get one with an inbuilt ADSL/VDSL modem. Just make sure that its modem is compatible with the TalkTalk network.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @KeithFrench,

Unsure. But I'm fairly certain the router is this one https://accessories.talktalk.co.uk/productdescription/41 

How would I know if it was compatible with the talk talk network?

Highlighted
Community Star

All TalkTalk routers are compatible with the TalkTalk network, my comments about this were related to if you had a 3rd party router with a built-in ADSL/VDSL modem. If it is the Huawei (looks almost identical to the Sagemcom version, it does have Guest Wi-Fi for each band.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

First Timer
ok so any router with ADSL/VDSL modem built in is good for a 3rd party router

just had a nose at it has Sagemcom on the back 😞
Highlighted
Community Star

Then it does not support guest networks.

Keith