would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG-635 ROUTER, HOW TO DISABLE TR-069 ?

8 REPLIES 8
Hammertime
Wise Owl

Can anyone help me here please.

I am back using my grand old HG635 router.

I was in the settings looking to double check that I still have TR-069 disabled, but I can't seem to  find that option/setting as it's been a while since I have been in the settings having a tinker with things, I have forgot to tell the truth, but I am almost 99.9% sure that is the option to force a stop on any router firmware/software updates being auto updated if and when talktalk feel like sending any updates etc up the line to the router, am I correct in saying this from what I remember ?

Basically all I want to know is how do I thoroughly make sure that my router will 100% block any attempts from talktalk to auto update my firmware/software as the version I have suits me fine, thats all.

Does anyone know please ? (where do I find the option ? as all I can find just now is the tick box for remote management, as I said, I am almost 99.9% sure there is another setting/option too called something like TR-069 (I think) that makes sure it's 100% disabled, unless I am wrong and maybe thinking of another router, don't think so though, although I will stand corrected if I am totally wrong).

Router TalkTalk HG635 - Firmware v1.06t on Large speed boost 76/20- unlimited phone boost - TalkTalk YouView Plus Tv Box
Hammertime
Wise Owl

@Hammertime wrote:

Can anyone help me here please.

I am back using my grand old HG635 router.

I was in the settings looking to double check that I still have TR-069 disabled, but I can't seem to  find that option/setting as it's been a while since I have been in the settings having a tinker with things, I have forgot to tell the truth, but I am almost 99.9% sure that is the option to force a stop on any router firmware/software updates being auto updated if and when talktalk feel like sending any updates etc up the line to the router, am I correct in saying this from what I remember ?

Basically all I want to know is how do I thoroughly make sure that my router will 100% block any attempts from talktalk to auto update my firmware/software as the version I have suits me fine, thats all.

Does anyone know please ? (where do I find the option ? as all I can find just now is the tick box for remote management, as I said, I am almost 99.9% sure there is another setting/option too called something like TR-069 (I think) that makes sure it's 100% disabled, unless I am wrong and maybe thinking of another router, don't think so though, although I will stand corrected if I am totally wrong).

why the hell did this get moved out of the fiber internet help/problems section ?

I can see that the joker non-official staff in here at night are still just as bad as ever, I NEED HELP, SO IT'S A HELP SECTION QUESTION, NOT A GENERAL TECH TIPS AND TRICKS SECTION QUESTION, anyone with even a pea sized brain can see that, and can also see that you guys are being plain awkward, you drill my head man, nutters !!!!!! :rooster:

Router TalkTalk HG635 - Firmware v1.06t on Large speed boost 76/20- unlimited phone boost - TalkTalk YouView Plus Tv Box
ferguson
Community Star

I moved it. I have looked at it again and still cannot see anything remotely resembling a fibre broadband support issue, merely a request for advice about changing a router setting. This section is where such questions generally reside.

Hammertime
Wise Owl

ok, wheres the help and support/advice, anyone know ? (with regards to my original question).

ferguson
Community Star

It's a long time since I used one of these, try looking under Remote Management.

Hammertime
Wise Owl

@ferguson wrote:

It's a long time since I used one of these, try looking under Remote Management.

it's just a tick box that's there like I explained earlier.

But from what I remember there is the option to disable TR-069 too but I can also remember that it was a tricky option to find, I could be getting confused with one of the other old routers but i doubt it very much as I have used the HG635 for about 99.95% of the time since I have been with talktalk, so it would I think have defo been the HG635 that has that option but as I say, i can always remember it wasn't very obvious to find, it was hidden in a certain part of the settings and for the life of me I can't find it now, the router is still on my prefered firmware but I would just like to know where that option is again as I know it's hiding somewhere, I'm almost 99.9% sure it is but I just can't see it, hmm 

Hammertime
Wise Owl

p.s, that's why I suggested that I think this whole post would get better attention and more eyes on it in the Fiber broadband help section as no one looks at anything in this section, so at least in the help section then people would probably be able to answer this in two seconds you see. :winkingface:

ferguson
Community Star

The tr069 tickbox is on the Broadband page as I recall, why don’t you just go through all the options and find it for yourself? The HG635 has long since stopped being a standard router for TalkTalk which probably explains the paucity of responses. 

Hammertime
Wise Owl

I forgot to add the answer to this post way back at the time for people that need to know the answer, better late than never though 🙂 

The TR069 option that disables talktalk from randomly auto updating your routers firmware so that you can keep a router software/firmware that your maybe very happy with and don't wish them to randomly auto update it, the instructions are right here on the HG635 router settings that can be found when you login into your router settings pages interface at 192.168.1.1 (generally always) >>> 

Click the INTERNET tab

Click the Internet connection option

Click the EDIT button that you will see (underneath Internet_VDSL)

You will then see the TR069 option with a tick box next to it

Untick the TR069 box and then scroll down until you see the save button,

click SAVE to save the changed settings and then look up top right of your screen

and click the Log out button.

That's it, job done. 🙂 

Sorry to anyone that has been wondering what the correct answer was to this, it's just that I completely forgot about it until I seen it today.