46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Anyone have one ?

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Martin,

Thanks for creating this thread. I have attached the Wireshark guide & will be happy to analyse the traces for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Thx. I'll get on it later

chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

OK read the guide. Took a trace of wifi attached. I have several live devices .3 is the fully working ip camera, two other ip cameras (that are working on android V380 app via wifi), I have 2 phones, 2 tablets all samsung, 2 PCs and 1 laptop, a humax PVR, Lenovo TV all on wifi. 

Addresses:-

1 router

3 ip cam

4 my pc

5 humax

13 phone

14tv

15 tablet

17 computer

18 tablet

19 mobile

23?

24 new camera I think- mac address says china dragon Tech

good luck

chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Most of the data seems to be between the camera and .17 which I presume is the laptop The rest of it is meaningless...

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

I will have a look tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chartman 

From a quick look at the trace & using your device naming rather than the actual IP addresses, there is a successful communication from:-

Ip Cam UDP port 55851 to your computer port 63601

This must be a video feed from the camera to the computer that was previously requested by the computer, but that does not appear in the trace.

Can you please take another trace, making sure that you start it before you communicate with the camera at all from the computer and do not use any form of capture filter. That way I should be able to see the TCP ports it uses to control the camera itself.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Is it worth turning off the camera that is fully working, to reduce the trace info?
chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

No not at all, I can filter the trace down to what I need. Probably not a bad idea just to remind me of the one that does work & the one that doesn't, when you try to access them each from your computer.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
OK I have two cams that I want to get working... maybe one at a time for tracing ?The one that works is ip3 talking to ip17( laptop) The other2 ONLY work talking to my android devices camera- router- android is the path I guess.
Also the ip3 camera will talk to my android device as well ( irrelevant I guess)
chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

OK thanks for that, let's have a trace then from your computer to the ones that don't work. Please make sure you start the trace before attempting to contact the camera at all.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

This file seems too small... I installed wireshark on my PC to make it a bit easier. First part in no camera to android.second part is camera1 to android. then I turned off android app. third part is camera 2 to android active.The trace showed nothing of ip3 to ip17 which was active....

Martin

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Martin,

I think you are slightly confused over the placement of Wireshark. You have two PCs from the IP address list you sent me:-

1. my pc
  2. computer

If you have now running a trace from Wireshark on "my PC" to capture traffic from "computer" to a camera, you will not see this. Without additional hardware, you will only see traffic to & from "my PC" plus broadcasts & multicasts. I did, for instance, see some communication in trace2 from "mp PC" to "tv".

This would account for the small size of the trace.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Been playing around with the two cameras... one has poor wi-fi range, the other has incredible range. That one's ID is 12229268. Can you see that ID in the trace? If so could you concentrate on that one ? It's also the one that doesn't have a LAN port on the back...
chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

No problem, but in which trace is it in & from which PC? What is this ID from?

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

The last trace, camera to my PC.The ID must be a serial number inside the device.That is how multiple devices are recognised. On my android V380 app, the two cameras show up with their separate IDs. I click on one of them and it goes live.Seems I can't activate both at the same time like in a normal cctv system or like in my PC app hiP2P client.

If it's a problem, then don't worry about it.

Tx

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Its no problem at all, I'm glad to try & help. It is just that the only packets from my PC are going to your TV plus some multicast addresses, there is nothing from my PC to any camera (including failed attempts). So I couldn't look for that id anyway.

I tried looking in the original trace but that is all UDP, most likely video from the camera. I think the ID would be in some sort of TCP control packets, but there are none of them present in that trace either.

Please get another trace, based on my notes about Wireshark placement, start the trace running before making any attempt to connect to either of the cameras & leave it running until you are finished using them & then stop the trace.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Shall I switch back to using the laptop/wireshark ?
chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

You must use Wireshark on whichever PC you are attempting to connect to a camera with.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I've made some progress today... attached is a scan with a camera connected to my laptop lan port and scan from laptop. 

I also ran an ip scanner on android tablet and it found .23 and .24, the two cameras .Proved by powering them both off and scanning again. 

Some extra info the scan provides:-

IP 192.168.1.18/24 WLAN0 

Ext IP  89.241.40.22.

And I can ping the two cameras...

I don't think they are truly ONVIF compatible... my working camera has an ID of GGGG-342735-DFCDA. the other 2 cameras have an id consisting of 8 digits...

chartman