cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IP cameras across local network

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
I found this... seems a common problem. I will try tomorrow... so hold off for now...
Guys I had a recent email from the supplier, and ONVIF now works on port 8899 and RTSP on 554, already configured it with Synology ONVIF configuration wizard with PTZ (RTSP works too but without PTZ control).
The steps are described below, similar with maarten’s post above (maarten has wrong filename for the ini file).
You will have to create an ini file with filename ceshi.ini (careful filename is important)
inside the ini file you will paste/type the following:
[CONST_PARAM]
rtsp=1

After saving the file, shut down the camera take the SD out and transfer the file to SD on the root folder. Then put SD back on camera and power it on.
If the procedure is successful you will hear from the camera speaking something Chinese twice, between the English. When you will hear that camera wifi connection is ok, and you have live image on mobile app, power off the camera, take SD out. If you want also the SD in camera then delete file from SD, put the SD back on and power on.
chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

cancel that... neither have sd card slots, outside or inside. cheap *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*...

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Chartman,

I have just been looking at trace 3 and there is next to nothing in it at all. There is not one packet with a source or destination address from the 192.168.1.0 network, but there is some from a 169.x.x.x address. These addresses are allocated by Windows PCs, when they cannot get an IP address from the DHCP server.

Please can you try again?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I'll have another go tomorrow. Been busy sorting badger problem and DIY ~:(

chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

OK test4 running. Plugged in camera with ID = 12229268. after a while, I checked it had connected then stopped trace. mac = 44 ef bf 64 d7 f2

Test5 my working camera on 192.168.1.3. I set a PTZ change and caused an alarm. mac is ec 3d fd 3f f8 4f

I don't see any traffic from either...

If you don't get any clues, I think it's time to give it a miss and into the bin...

Martin

chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

forgot files

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chartman 

I will have a look at these tomorrow and get back to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Martin,

I have deleted all traces now from this thread, as I have them all on my PC now. I'll try & have a look at them this afternoon, but I am not for giving up, don't know the meaning of that expression!

Keith

Highlighted
Community Star

I still don't think you are using the right PC to run Wireshark on, as there is nothing in either trace going to or from the only camera (.3 or MAC address ec:3d:fd:3f:f8:4f).

So you need to choose which PC you are going to access this camera from, let's say "my PC" (.4) & start Wireshark running on "my PC". The whilst running Wireshark, then try & access the camera from the software application that is also on "my PC".

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

OK. ran W/shark. opened chrome and typedin 192.168.1.24 which is the IP of one of the cameras. Then I typed in 192.168.1.3 - working camera. Stopped trace.... I can see comms to .24

Martin

chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Bit of footage from cam last night. badger + fox

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Thanks, I have the trace now & have deleted it from your post.

The camera on.24 is responding saying that it does not have port 80 open, so that is an issue with that camera.

I can see stuff going on with the camera on .3, but I will look at that in more detail later this afternoon.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Star

Looking at the .3 camera now, I can see .4 establish a TCP session to .3 OK but then (all well within a second, the camera disconnects the session. This just keeps repeating itself for a while and then it does establish OK & I can see packets carrying the audio & video. So that looks OK.

I can't see the camera ID on .24 as port 80 is closed on that camera.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
I'm guessing here, but is camera .24 on a non standard port then ?
chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

It's your camera, you tell me.

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
That's probably most of the problem... there's no info anywhere in the manual saying what port it uses....
chartman
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I have run an app on the pc called anycam.io.... It finds ports 563,587 and 8800 for both mjpeg and onvif... on 192.168.1.24  It reports an error- failed to retrieve camera stream.

If i put in .3 (my working camera)... after a while it hooks into the camera and displays the video stream. 563 and 587 I think are for RTSP streams so I guess cam on 24 uses port 8800 ?

chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

If the camera (.24) supports web access, then it should be via ports 80 or 443, they are the industry standard. Can your app on one of the PCs be configured to target .24 using 8800 then?

Keith

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
I tried it... no.
192.168.1.24:8800 returns error :- didn’t send any data.
using 443/563/587 gives error :- refused to connect...
chartman
Highlighted
Community Star

Camera ----> bin

Keith