cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Improve My Wifi Signal For TV

Community Team

Hi brbrown

Do you have a different HDMI cable that you can test with?

Thanks

Debbie

brbrown
Wizz Kid

No, but don't forget, it was OK with the old router. Everything work fine then.

brbrown
Wizz Kid

OK. So it's not going to work properly. I shall go back to the old router. Thank you all for  your help anyway. Brian

brbrown
Wizz Kid

Well, it is worth perservering. I reinstalled my old router and everything worked properly again. Then I tried reinstalling the HG633 and played around with the settings and got it work satisfactorily without knowing how.

However, I still get a very low signal at my TV which shows in the form of "buffering" (is that the correct term when the broadcast programme ceases and a spinning circle shows for a short time and reconnects?) when watching programmes such as BBC iplayer or ITV player.

Keith, the router appears to be set automatically to change from 2.4G to 5.4G if necessary.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @brbrown 

I am not really sure where you are with this, as a lot of this thread went on to aerials & HDMI cables etc. Although the router may be using band steering, it does not mean that either band is good enough in your immediate location. To find that out, as I said before, those changes on the router will not fix anything. If you want further help on this, let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

brbrown
Wizz Kid

Hello Keith. I am not sure either. On my TV, I scanned for the appropriate Network for the new router and the details on the TV showed as Internet Connected but when I press the Source button to view in High Definition, I get a signal telling me there is no connection.

As a result, I wondered if it was a TV problem and have since been in touch with Toshiba. I am awaiting a reply. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

It is far more likely to be WiFi interference.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

brbrown
Wizz Kid

Do you suppose that means there is nothing I can do about It then?

brbrown
Wizz Kid

Do you suppose that a Wi-Fi Blaster on this link would help. It reads as if it might. https://wifiblastshop.com/product-uk/checkout.php

brbrown
Wizz Kid

Keith, further to my last post, I do understand that my problem is probably interference but I wondered if generating a stronger signal might overpower some of the interference.

KeithFrench
Community Star

That will probably only make matters worse. I have been offering you my help to resolve this (totally free of charge) by keep referring you to the last two paragraphs of my initial post, four days ago now. However, if you do not want my help, that is up to you.

Keith

brbrown
Wizz Kid

Oh dear. I am sorry to have offended you. I did say before that I had heeded your advice but I am getting desperate and looking for other possibilities. I will cease posting. Thanks for you help anyway. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

My offer of help still stands, just read the last two paragraphs of my initial post if you want it. 

Keith