cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

No problems this morning sending from pipex to gmail and outlook addresses. Haven't tried other domains. 

SoozySoo
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Tried again to send to Sky, still not being received.

PeterAA
Team Player
gmail.com appears to be working for me - but not yahoo.co.uk
tiff67
First Timer

Hello I am new to this community but hope you can help me out I am getting a "sender denied" message with error code TT608. Can anyone advise if this a common problem and is there a solution or am I in the hands of Talk Talk to resolve internally?

Community Team

Hi all, apparently the fix that's been put in place will affect some accounts immediately others could take a couple more days for the fix to take effect. I've got no idea what the fix is so can't advise why it's affecting some accounts now and others later.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

@OCE_AdyWell I have waited a couple of days and it does seem to have got marginally better my gmail.com emails are now getting through but my emails to yahoo.co.uk are still not being delivered … I have had 2 "maximum retry queue" messages this morning for emails sent on Friday afternoon. Can someone please make the same fix for yahoo.co.uk that was made for gmail.com Thanks

Troglodyte
Pianist2
Conversation Starter
I'm confused! I've had two more "maximum retry queue age reached' notifications from emails that I've sent to Yahoo addresses over the past couple of days, but I've also had a message from one of the recipients to say that the message has arrived! So I don't know if the fix has worked or not.
cavedweller
Conversation Starter

Definitely not working for me. I have checked with my contact with the Yahoo.co.uk address and my emails are not getting through.

Troglodyte
cavedweller
Conversation Starter
@OCE_Ady My last "maximum retry" message was at 10:39 Sunday. None today and the yahoo address has told me that he has received an email today from me.
So assuming no more emails returned then I think it is fixed.
I suppose it is too much to ask for an explanation of how this bug was implemented?
Troglodyte
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I've given up on TalkTalk. The frequency of the problems is unacceptable and the support when problems do arise is poor. It has been a whopping 26 days since I first brought this to the attention of support, and it is still faulty. I do understand it isn't the guys on the forum, more so the generals sat behinds the scenes who seem to do very little. I could do better.

But anyway, I started this thread off and would like to see it concluded.

For what it's worth, sending mails, using Webmail to Sky addresses still does not work. They do not reach the recipient.

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi all, I'm still waiting for confirmation as to when the service is going to be fully restored. I'll post as soon as I hear back. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Thank you.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

This morning, from Webmail, I have sent mails to the following domains -

sky.com

dsl.pipex.com

hotmail.com

All have failed to arrive, without any bounce back message.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

This morning, from Webmail, I have sent mails to the following domains -

sky

hotmail

dsl.pipex.com

All 3 have failed to arrive, without any bounce back message.

Terry953
Chatterbox
Been thinking along the same lines, but if we changed our email client to say 'Gmail' or whatever, wouldn't we have to change our email addresses?
TerryB
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I way around any future mail troubles is to have your own domain. As I do, so when TalkTalk have issues I simply have my mail forwarded to a Hotmail address, so I never miss a mail as everything sent to my domain goes to my Pipex (TalkTalk) address as well as my Hotmail one, which I can of course send from.

So, my e-mail address stays the same, indefinitely, no matter which ISP or e-mail service I use.

It can be cheaper than you think, something like a tenner for a year. I use Fasthosts, would certainly recommend them.

Community Team

Thanks for your test results. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

This morning I have sent test mails as follow -

To dsl.pipex.com address - received at reasonable speed

To Hotmail address - received instantly

To Sky address - not received, no bounce back message

Community Team

Thanks for letting me know. I've sent a chaser to the admins to give us updates on your fault ticket. 

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

@OCE_AdySorry but 1 step forward two steps back. The emails to yahoo.co.uk are now being returned with the "maximum retry" message. I do not understand how Talktalk can let this go on so long and then apply some sort of fix which only works intermittently.

How difficult is this for you to test....  Just create a yahoo.co.uk email address and send an email to it. Can you not trace emails through your own system!!.

It has now been a month since this started. It is unacceptable to provide this poor level of service.... PLEASE get the techies to sort it out.

Troglodyte