cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Emails Not Sending

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

How difficult is this for you to test.... Just create a yahoo.co.uk email address and send an email to it.

Exactly, I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this. It's hard to believe that not one member of the support team can simply send a mail to an affected address and see if it gets there. After all, that's just what we do. I am sorry to say, but this really does highlight just how very poor TalkTalk support is, and why people will not put up with it.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I sent an e-mail to a Sky address this morning, and as before, it has failed to arrive.

That's 28 days, and the issue is just the same, same fault.

Thanks.

Community Team

I've already sent a chaser to the incident managers this morning to chivvy them up. 

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Thanks Ady. I've just had a "maximum retry queue age reached" message from AOL, so that domain is still not working.

Community Team

We know and I'm keeping the pressure on for you. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I have continued to send test mails in the hope that this fault is fixed, but it is still the same unfortunately, mails to Sky addresses not received.

TalkTalk mail is unusable at the moment, as obviously we cannot be aware of what is received and what isn't with so many domains not receiving the mails.

Thanks.

Community Team

I'm still sending chaser mails everyday. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

They obviously just ignore you, but thanks anyway.

It's 33 days since I first reported that TalkTalk have a fault and that their e-mail service is not fit for purpose, people must be leaving in their droves.

Community Team

I do get a response, but only from the incident managers and they've not had a reply from the Email Admins.

Pal353
Wizz Kid

Yesterday I practised sending and receiving test emails between my Pipex account, now virtually obselete, and my gmail account. The ones sent by gmail to Pipex were received instantly. The ones sent the other way were received by my gmail account some 12 hours later. It has been a slow and laborious process to tell all the commercial organisations I deal with to switch my email address to the gmail one and some have been shown to be far more competent than others, but at least I now have an email system which works. Ady and his colleagues do a great job but they cannot compensate for the inherent deficiencies of the TalkTalk administration. I can only recommend the action that I have taken to others.

Pal353
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

That's just the reason that I have my own domain name, which I've had for some time now. I can keep the same e-mail address no matter which ISP I choose, so when TalkTalk are having their faults and issues, which has been frequent over the years, I simply have my mail forwarded to an old Hotmail address that I have so I never miss a mail, and of course I can continue to send, keeping TalkTalk out of the loop.

I can only assume that more people will do as you have, and drift away from using TalkTalk.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

why is @OCE_Ady being ignored. I there no escalation process in talktalk?

Maximum retry queue messages today from emails to yahoo.co.uk and aol.com

To add insult to injury Talktalk have emailed me to announce my prices are going up 30% as my fixed price deal is coming to an end. No doubt they want me to sign up for another 18mth deal. I think comparethemarket will be getting some business from me. 

I have been a customer since 2003. I guess it just goes to show that loyalty doesn't pay

Troglodyte
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Also Sky addresses still failing and goodness knows which others, I did read on the forums that generic company addresses are failing also.

This comes after over a month of the fault being reported and posts on this very forum from TalkTalk operatives stating that the problem has been fixed.

Community Team

Thanks for reminding me. I've put a chaser on your ticket again in case we get any results that way instead. 

klangham
Team Player

i am having the same issue it has been going on for a few weeks now, some emails go but some are returned via the mailer demon time limit reached for retry and some go but into peoples spam instead of inbox.  this is very annoying and i cannot believe you have not managed to sort it yet.  please advise what is going on and what you are doing about it.

i have lost faith in the pipex email service as i cannot guarantee the emails have actually been received at the other end.

klangham
Team Player

this problem is not fixed i have emails returned for the past 2 days.  please get this sorted 

klangham
Team Player

aol and hotmail do not work, please get this sorted.

Community Team

Hi klangham, I'm chasing the team everyday for updates on this incident. 

PeterAA
Team Player

Ady can you please let us know what these updates are.

This has been going on for more than a month and there is very little indication that Talktalk is trying very hard at all. 

Colin C
First Timer

Just to add my tuppence worth, I'm having exactly the same problem with the gotadsl (ex Nildram) mail system - sending emails to gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc either don't get there or eventually wind up in their spam folder. It's making life very difficult trying to manage a village organisation of 35 people by email. It's been going on for weeks now, please sort it out.