would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wi-Fi Hub impressions

8 REPLIES 8
tre47
Conversation Starter

Hello,

I'm curious to see what people think about the Wi-Fi Hub and its performance. I have been mulling over it for the past couple of weeks (via various online reviews) wondering if I can get it for free being on a faster fibre customer with speed boost contract. All feedback is welcome.

KeithFrench
Community Star

It is certainly of a much higher Wi-Fi specification, but unless you have a corresponding high specification wireless adapter in your PC, you will never see the advantages there. It does have Gigabit Ethernet ports, unlike the HG633 & DSL-3782.

If you have older Wi-Fi network adapters in your devices, I think the speed is broadly similar to the HG633 running V2.00 firmware. The HG633 is far more configurable than the hub, but I have requested the developers change this in a future firmware release.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

tre47
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know about the gigabit ethernet ports as well as the Wi-Fi - I have read that both are superior on the Wi-Fi Hub compared to the HG633. Have you noticed any little disconnects when moving the hub slightly or correcting the rj11 cable? Being a HG633 owner these are things I've noticed when tidying the cables (not huge movement of cables either, just correcting them slightly). 

KeithFrench
Community Star

That must justbe a dodgy connection, is the RJ11 connector pressed fully home & is the latching clip correcltly secured?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

tre47
Conversation Starter

I've checked and both ends are secure. The clip is clicked in and neither slides out.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Then you must have a faulty cable/socket on the rear of the router.

Keith

tre47
Conversation Starter

Yes I agree. I can narrow it down to the socket on the router in that case. I Had an Asus DSL-AC68U before and never had this kind of issue with it. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Create a thread in the fibre board then & the OCEs will swap it out.

Keith

tre47
Conversation Starter

Will do. Thanks for your help.